velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2011

Posted By: meatmanit won't make you hyper, or black out. what's the point anymore?

Exactly that.
    • CommentAuthormeatman

but how else are all these young folks going to make bad decisions??? oh yeah, they still make Red Bull, and that's not illegal yet...
    • CommentAuthorper.k

Vodka redbull = 4loko of the club variety

and HED jet for the record
    haha going back to bikes:

save a bit more money and get a pair of mavic open pros laced to just about anything and you'll be golden. or if you want to get fancier, mavic ellipse.

my boyfriend used to have an aerospoke and he HATED it. a hed jet isn't really a spectacular idea for you seem to want to do with it either.
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011

yeah iminusd is pretty terrible
    • CommentAuthorR preme
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011

I would get the HED jet. The aerospoke is really heavy.
    • CommentAuthornotryt
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011 edited

Those who speak so glowing of what so little they know.... Sorry being an "expert" on the matter the aerospoke for under 800 a set made in USA is the best bang for the buck.. mavics are no better than alexrims and a lot more expensive... the commuters you speak of are on bikes that weigh 40lbs have 700x28-32 tires.. there is no way they would ever complain about an aerospokes with 700x23-25 tires. Remember they are riding the bike.. Not Carrying it! These wheels spin up as fast as any standard high quality wheel.. specially considering they are about 1.5 to 1.75 % heavier... great wheels sorry... until you used them for a month dont comment... I think you predjudice yourselves way before you know the actual facts. I consistently ride on these wheels 19-23mph with no more effort than i did with all the other wheels Ive gone through... Have been using aerospokes the last 2 years and just bought a second set.
    • CommentAuthoroogens
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011

had a hed jet, it was an okay wheel. sold the set off on ebay.

currently use some vintage DA hubs to open 4s i got from a member here (though local deal)

and as much as everyone hates the aerospoke, i still can't find one for ~150.
    • CommentAuthorkaido_k
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011

OK I have had an Aerospoke for more than a month in the past so I guess I can comment...
    I am suprised no one has mentioned (or maybe have and I didn't read) they are flexy as hell.
    They are something that is heavy, flexy, and may look appealing to some. Simple as that.
    If you can roll around on Aerospokes with no more effort than decently built wheels, then hey more power to you.
    To the dude who said he can do this, I honestly ask you if you have ever ridden any decent wheels?
    I currently have DA to Open Pro with Sapim CX-Rays that I have been riding for 2+ years and if I may ever change them, it will be purely based on aesthetics only. Or maybe go with non-CX Rays for the rear.
    I don't need aero on my sweet fixie because I don't cruise around at speeds I will benefit from it.
    • CommentAuthordas_pyrate
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011

Posted By: parkman14iminusd actually makes me want to kill myself.
    they're knowlingly gouging people on popular parts, and somehow still in business.

they tried to charge me $100 for alu syntace stratos bars and that was during their black friday "sale"
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011

Posted By: das_pyrate
    Posted By: parkman14iminusd actually makes me want to kill myself.
    they're knowlingly gouging people on popular parts, and somehow still in business.

they tried to charge me $100 for alu syntace stratos bars and that was during their black friday "sale"
    got a nos pair off ebay for $40 shipped. i've only been to that shop once, but it was totally ridiculous.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.