velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2011

A heavy wheel is the worst enemy of someone doing the stop/start routine that goes along with urban and suburban riding.

But hey, fancy front wheels are to asian hipster chicks as kastmasters are to trout. Right!? Or am I the only fisherman x cyclist in the room?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: wes m.asian hipster chicks

You talk about asian hipster chicks a lot.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

Posted By: veggie
    Posted By: wes m.asian hipster chicks

You talk about asian hipster chicks a lot.

he talks about hipsters a lot.
    but he's right. why would you want to be pushing around a heavy ass wheel from red light to red light, place to place?
    they only look cool in pictures
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Its one of those things thats a joke and completely serious at the same time.

I used to eat Vietnamese food directly across from the art department of San Jose State University. It was the nexus of fancy front wheel owner and asian hipster chick interaction. I watched this stuff for so many hours. Awesome food, prime people watching, could life get any better?

Lately the trend seems to be moving towards touring bikes and indie white chicks. If we start getting threads about Rivendell bling or tweed jackets Ill be sure to chime in.

For the record, my bikes have never got me any action. Neither has my pickup truck or the tractor. I must be doing it wrong.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: wes m.Neither has my pickup truck or the tractor. I must be doing it wrong.

You need to pimp out that tractor.
    Aerospoke on a touring rando bikes?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: bensonisajewAerospoke on a touring rando bikes?

If i can find someone with one, I am so taking a picture with one on the crosscheck.
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2011

Posted By: wes m.Its one of those things thats a joke and completely serious at the same time.

I used to eat Vietnamese food directly across from the art department of San Jose State University. It was the nexus of fancy front wheel owner and asian hipster chick interaction. I watched this stuff for so many hours. Awesome food, prime people watching, could life get any better?

Lately the trend seems to be moving towards touring bikes and indie white chicks. If we start getting threads about Rivendell bling or tweed jackets Ill be sure to chime in.

For the record, my bikes have never got me any action. Neither has my pickup truck or the tractor. I must be doing it wrong.

Iminusd is now selling a fixed gear 'touring bike.'
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: politburoIminusd is now selling a fixed gear 'touring bike.'

...facepalm...
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Iminusd is ridiculous. I went there once and the people were friendly but still, completely f'ing absurd "bike boutique".
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

iminusd actually makes me want to kill myself.
    they're knowlingly gouging people on popular parts, and somehow still in business.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Its not hard to understand if you live in the same general area as them. People buy crap from them in exchange for sjfixed street cred. Its genius really. Establish a forum based website, establish a weekly ride, build a following, make sure they think you are the hippest, then open a shop selling hip crap for a premium. It was years in the making. They had a following way before they even opened.

Also, they sell clothing, so yeah... they are diversified.

Could you imagine what would happen if they also sold sparks and four loko? Unstoppable.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2011

haha. no doubt.
    whatever. im a long way from there.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Stick it to the man.
    • CommentAuthormeatman

Posted By: wes m.Could you imagine what would happen if they also sold sparks and four loko?

but you can't get those anymore. whatever will I do with myself when I want to drink something that tastes like battery acid and makes you hyper and black out at the same time? this world is getting too controlling
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Wait, you can't buy four loko anymore? Shows what I know.
    • CommentAuthormeatman

yeah, that just banned that shit. And Sparks, like 3 years ago I think. About a month ago, like 2 days after they announced it would stop production, I saw 2 meat-head college jocks in the liquor store buying ALL the Four-Loko the store had. It sucked, because I was just trying to buy a quick bottle of gin and these guys were in front of me. They must have bought about 100 single cans, because there total was like $435 or something. I'm sure a bunch of frat dudes had a bunch of fun date-raping all night!
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Haha, that stuff was pretty bad.
    • CommentAuthorcage

They still sell sparks and four-loko in my area, its just illegal to have caffeine and all that stuff in them now.
    • CommentAuthormeatman
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2011

Posted By: cageThey still sell sparks and four-loko in my area, its just illegal to have caffeine and all that stuff in them now.

ok ok, you're absolutely right. They do still make them, but without all the shit that made them what they were. Now you're just getting a drink that tastes like battery acid, however, it won't make you hyper, or black out. what's the point anymore?

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.