velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorvelocipete
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2010 edited

Frame / Size / Year:
    Samson Sparkle Blue / 59cm C-T / 1999
    Handlebars / Stem:
    Nitto B123AA 37cm / Nitto Jaguar ProAA 110mm
    Fork / Headset:
    Samson / Hatta Swan Super Deluxe
    Front Wheel / Hub / Rim / Tire:
    Vintage Shimano Dura Ace NJS 36h High Flange / H+SON TB14 36h Polished Silver / Veloflex Master 20
    Rear Wheel / Hub / Rim / Tire:
    Vintage Shimano Dura Ace NJS 36h High Flange 110mm / H+SON TB14 36h Polished Silver / Veloflex Master 20
    Crankset / Bottom Bracket:
    Shimano Dura Ace 7600 170mm / Hatta R9400
    Saddle / Seat Post:
    Kashimax FG4P-A "Padded" Black Leather / Nitto Jaguar 27.2mm, 30mm Rail, 210mm post length
    Pedals / Chain:
    MKS Royal Nuevo W/ MKS Adjustable Steel Toe Clips & White Toshi Single Toe Straps / HKK Silver/Blue
    Gearing / Chainring / Misc.:
    49t Shimano Dura Ace 7600 Chainring, 16t EAI Superstar Cog, Silver Shimano Dura Ace 7600 Lockring,
    White Toshi Cloth Handlebar Wrap, Sugino Seatpost Pin, Sugino Chrome Crank Caps

A few more crappy photos...

Frame

Hubs

One of my favourite parts of the frame is the sloped Evolution fork crown.

Rest of components sans rims should be in by Friday.
    Still waiting for H+SON box rims...

F U S_D.

(Vintage Shimano Dura-Ace NJS 110mm hubs)
    H+son awesome! the chrome ones are nice since b43 don't have that color
    Posted By: lickedwickedH+son awesome! the chrome ones are nice since b43 don't have that color

BOX rim.
    too bad, since the chrome one is like riding with a mirror.
    before you build up your wheels put a in the hubs. that'd be cool. too bad you didn't build the frame or you could have it looped around tubing. i'd imagine it be hard to paint the frame if you did though. when they were popular, i never liked the fact that non-cyclists wore them without even knowing who lance was prior to purchase and his livestrong campaign. it was more of for the fashion thing to wear one rather than for the cause to. not that it didn't do any good but if something horrible was fashionable like smoking, people would flock to that. too bad being hypocritical isn't an adverse health effect or it would have made those fad seekers reconsider. i never sought the fad but would have enjoyed it for the fact that if his cancer didn't go into remission we'd all have a memorabilia of his efforts and death but since he beat it, we have trophies of his victory
    Wait...........................What?
    Posted By: LegislatorWait...........................What?

We don't ask these questions anymore, man.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2010

Go back on your meds homie.
    That top tube looks bent or is it just me?
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2010

Posted By: bensonisajewThat top tube looks bent or is it just me?

You're right, I see that too.

Hopefully its just the picture.
    live strong, take steroids

Posted By: velocipeteRest of components sans rims should be in by Friday.
    Still waiting for H+SON box rims...

F U S_D.

(Vintage Shimano Dura-Ace NJS 110mm hubs)

Good to hear you will have a bike you like. No one should hate their bike.

haha... top tube is not bent. its just the photo.

and im starting to wonder if lickedwicked is a taiwanese hipster using gtranslator.

im very excited for this bike.

also, ill be taking proper photos using a much better camera than my 1.8 mp phone camera during the real build process.
    Posted By: lickedwickedbefore you build up your wheels put ain the hubs. that'd be cool. too bad you didn't build the frame or you could have it looped around tubing. i'd imagine it be hard to paint the frame if you did though. when they were popular, i never liked the fact that non-cyclists wore them without even knowing who lance was prior to purchase and his livestrong campaign. it was more of for the fashion thing to wear one rather than for the cause to. not that it didn't do any good but if something horrible was fashionable like smoking, people would flock to that. too bad being hypocritical isn't an adverse health effect or it would have made those fad seekers reconsider. i never sought the fad but would have enjoyed it for the fact that if his cancer didn't go into remission we'd all have a memorabilia of his efforts and death but since he beat it, we have trophies of his victory

Brilliant. I think this topic of LiveStrong bracelets deserves its own thread for proper discussion.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2010

Who cares the reason people buy the bracelets, they are still buying the bracelets , and the money is going to a good cause. Also, smoking is horrible, and people do flock to it cause they think its cool.
    i already addressed all your points deermatt. your post was meaningless. whether or not what you point out is true, either way if smoking was fashionable or not, it would still be used and addressed the same way. the journey through the wording wasn't as important.
    I love that when we're done riding, some of my friends pull out a pack of cigarettes and smoke to "relax a bit".
    THOSE PEOPLE AREN'T YOUR FRIENDS, JAY!
    Posted By: lickedwickedi already addressed all your points deermatt. your post was meaningless. whether or not what you point out is true, either way if smoking was fashionable or not, it would still be used and addressed the same way. the journey through the wording wasn't as important.

but your post was a train wreck of a paragraph.

Posted By: velocipeteim starting to wonder if lickedwicked is a taiwanese hipster using gtranslator.

+1
    • CommentAuthorChilvers
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2010

veloc, love the bike man - samsons will always have a special place in my heart. I figured I'd ask here instead of making a whole new post, I'm almost done with my new frame, and I was thinking of adding a subtle gold sparkle to the red paint, what do you think - go for it? Or keep it a traditional red, nothing else. Thanks!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.