velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I have found these wabi double straps they are laminated and are 30$ seem like a good deal but has anyone actually used these and can let me know if there good if so let me know thanks
    http://www.pedalconsumption.com/archives/2009/files/wabi_double_toe_straps.html
    I have heard good things about them from several people, but I don't ride with clips and straps so I have no first hand knowledge.
    These are the same as the "exustar" laminated double straps. People tend to think they are unbrandend mks alpha fit because they work so well, that's what i found out while doing my research.
    I actually ordered a pair a couple of days ago and should have them for the weekend. I'll let you know what my first impressions are from a first person view.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010

Where do you get them?
    Tokyofixedgear.com with a couple of other stuff.
    Velosolo.co.uk also has them so does probikekit.com (best for intl. shipping). I live in europe btw.
    oh okay cool man well let me know how they feel much appreciated
    • CommentAuthorGreyspoke
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010 edited

a friend of mine has them and he said they hold up really good and are pretty tough. I would say they look like my cadence straps but with no logo. A good deal for sure! The laminated part and price is a plus! I would say go for it and buy you dont want to end up with cheap leather straps or straps that get worn down after crazy wear.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

Who needs a logo !!! I going to buy some
    seriously lol i just ordered 2 sets
    • CommentAuthorheadphone

they're ok.

the buckles and leather is not as robust as toshis, but they're good enough...and certainly levels higher than all those crappy budget straps.

recommended.
    So i just received them and they make a pretty solid impression.
    They don't stretch if you pull them and the hardware works fine, also the leather seems to hold up against the buckles fine.
    They look far better than any other straps I had which all ripped (all branded ckc styles). Worth their money I guess.
    We'll see how they take the abuse on my winter bike.
    • CommentAuthorheadphone
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010

ive seen 'em fail.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010

Do you care to elaborate?
    • CommentAuthorheadphone
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010 edited

my girlfriend's failed at the buckle/rivet/leather, but the replacement has lasted just fine for 2 years. like I said, they're not great...but they're not bad. I'd rate them somewhere lower than toshis/mks and above all-city/dimension/origin8/etc.

exustar straps would be my choice for budget straps, definitely.
    MKS alpha fit double straps were on slae for like 50€ but I didn't want to spend so much on straps that have to go through snow and rain for the next 4-5months.
    Also I like clipless much better...
    My Toshi I ran them through snow and rain last year and they still hold up, now Im clipless

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.