velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorMANNY E
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2010

On my ride home I witnessed extreme acts of douchebagery. This guy in a full riding spandex suit was flying through traffic almost getting hit at every stop-signed intersection and seriously almost getting sandwiched between a bus and a car. After many blocks of this, an older gentleman slightly cut him off by marginally crossing over the bike lane. Mr Spandex totally lays in to this guy swearing, fist pumping, and threatening. Older gentleman stops the car an acts like he was gonna get out and Mr. Spandex just took off like lil bitch. Funny part is that even with all that ass-hauling and eratic manuevers, I still caught up to him like three times at red lights.
    You should of just rear ended the crap out of him(bike guy) if you were in a car

http://gothamist.com/2010/10/27/cop_blocks_bike_lane_to_ticket_cycl.php
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Wow, that cop is fucking retarded.

And it's people like spandex dude that make us all look bad
    • CommentAuthorMANNY E

Posted By: Alexander703You should of just rear ended the crap out of him(bike guy) if you were in a car

http://gothamist.com/2010/10/27/cop_blocks_bike_lane_to_ticket_cycl.php

I was riding like 50' behind the whole time. He really wasn't going that fast but kept making unneccesary manuevers around cars just to end up at a light with me pulling up to him seconds later.
    • CommentAuthormeatman
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2010

^ I love those dudes! They make me laugh so hard, and they get so mad when they see a fixed gear keeping up with them.
    • CommentAuthorjdiamond

Posted By: MANNY EOn my ride home I witnessed extreme acts of douchebagery. This guy in a full riding spandex suit was flying through traffic almost getting hit at every stop-signed intersection and seriously almost getting sandwiched between a bus and a car. After many blocks of this, an older gentleman slightly cut him off by marginally crossing over the bike lane. Mr Spandex totally lays in to this guy swearing, fist pumping, and threatening. Older gentleman stops the car an acts like he was gonna get out and Mr. Spandex just took off like lil bitch. Funny part is that even with all that ass-hauling and eratic manuevers, I still caught up to him like three times at red lights.

dude! that guy in the spandex was me man, thanks!
    haha no really those guys really are funny as hell, and its way funnier when you pull up next to them at every light and unintentionally give them the "god your a fucking idiot face". and they just shrug it off cause they think their the shit. he probably thought you were only catching up to him out of luck too haha
    it's even funnier when it's some guy on a hybrid/commuter in full winter weather gear (in the fall, 50-60 degree weather)
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

I did that with a guy all the way through Seattle one night. He and his gf got really ticked off. They were on a Harley, I was on the Bridgestone.
    • CommentAuthorMANNY E

Posted By: theinternetit's even funnier when it's some guy on a hybrid/commuter in full winter weather gear (in the fall, 50-60 degree weather)

Lets not forget Mr. I need three lights on my bike two on my helmet and one on my backpack.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: MANNY ELets not forget Mr. I need three lights on my bike two on my helmet and one on my backpack.

Whats wrong with valuing your life?
    • CommentAuthorpeazweag
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2010

yeah,there are lots of those spandex fools where i live here in oregon.you only see them on blue bird days though{no wind],and they are slow as shit !oh well........
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010

Posted By: peazweagyeah,there are lots of those spandex fools where i live here in oregon.you only see them on blue bird days though{no wind],and they are slow as shit !oh well........
    ~!~ Yep all of us that wear lycra are fair weather, wind-to-your-back, slower-than-shit riders...
    I've become more frustrated with people riding bikes on campus who think that common sense traffic laws (passing on the left, riding on the right side of whatever the fuck you're on etc.) don't apply to them because they are on a bike (or walking even). I almost got taken out by some idiot who decided, after i passed him going uphill, that he'd bomb the downhill and then bunny hop the curb to pass me (on the right) as I was turning right up a ramp onto the sidewalk. Guys like that are more frustrating than freshman girls on beach cruisers.
    • CommentAuthorMANNY E
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010

Posted By: veggie
    Posted By: MANNY ELets not forget Mr. I need three lights on my bike two on my helmet and one on my backpack.

Whats wrong with valuing your life?

Nothing wrong. Just kinda funny looking. I have front and back lights on my bike. Just think the exessive helmet lights are a bit much.
    • CommentAuthorpeazweag
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010

Posted By: Ruffinit
    Posted By: peazweagyeah,there are lots of those spandex fools where i live here in oregon.you only see them on blue bird days though{no wind],and they are slow as shit !oh well........
    ~!~ Yep all of us that wear lycra are fair weather, wind-to-your-back, slower-than-shit riders...
    musta hit a nirve,talkin about people in my town

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.