velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthortyanai
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010

what would you pay for a brand new nagasawa track frame? i know the panasonics are around $1,100 or so... nagasawas are hard to obtain new, but i may have a chance to get one... just wondering what is a fair price...

thanks!
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Tell us how much you "may have a chance to get one" for.
    I'm pretty new to this whole track deal, but I read somewhere that new Samson's can go for prices as high as 3000 dollars... Nagasawa's are of similar, or even better quality........
    • CommentAuthortyanai

i'm told it will be around 3500 including shipping from osaka to los angeles...
    • CommentAuthorheadphone

fuck that.

I wouldnt pay that much for a non-custom frame.
    • CommentAuthorjdiamond
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010 edited

Posted By: headphonefuck that.

I wouldnt pay that much for a non-custom frame.

agreed, here you go man. 1900 bucks, full custom to fit you, heat treated true-temper tubeset fillet brazed with nickel silver and completely dope!!! http://www.yamaguchibike.com/content/Frames/Track/Aero_Track
    i dont know why all these people will pay $$$$ for an njs frame for the street.
    if you want to turn heads man, and you can afford it, save some cash and get that beast
    plus Koichi Yamaguchi was a master frame builder for 3rensho (njs enough) before he started his company in the states.
    in other words "you'll get your street cred". cause it seems like thats all a njs stamp is anymore.
    here's one on velo
    Posted By: tyanaiwhat would you pay for a brand new nagasawa track frame? i know the panasonics are around $1,100 or so... nagasawas are hard to obtain new, but i may have a chance to get one... just wondering what is a fair price...

thanks!

You don't need it, and you know you're not about to get someā€¦ so stop trying to impress us.

NJS bikes are over-rated. I would much rather ride a fully custom fit Tiemeyer, Parlee, Yamaguchi, Circle-A or tons of other high-end frame builders bike, than a Nagasawa.
    • CommentAuthorjdiamond

Posted By: terrible_one49

NJS bikes are over-rated. I would much rather ride a fully custom fit Tiemeyer, Parlee, Yamaguchi, Circle-A or tons of other high-end frame builders bike, than a Nagasawa.

thank you terrible!
    much better frames in that price range
    • CommentAuthorBen Hittle

Yeah $3500 is ridiculous. I definitely agree with what others are saying, if you have that much to drop on a frame get a custom 'Guchi. It will be way sicker and cost a lot less.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

*drool*

I want that yamaguchi tandem frame.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

For $3500 I could get an equal if not better quality bike, drugs, and hookers.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: wes m.drugs, and hookers.

You with your drugs and hookers.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2010

Posted By: veggie
    Posted By: wes m.drugs, and hookers.

You with your drugs and hookers.

Really, has the price of drugs and hookers gone up in San Jose?
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

The price of drugs is stagnant if not decreasing from what I hear. As far as hookers, I dont know, I'd need to be on different parts of craigslist to have an adequate idea of hooker price fluctuations.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: wes m.The price of drugs is stagnant if not decreasing from what I hear. As far as hookers, I dont know, I'd need to be on different parts of craigslist to have an adequate idea of hooker price fluctuations.

But drugwise, that leaves more room for a component budget. Sugino 75s for all!
    • CommentAuthorChilvers

taylor sizemore of sizemore bikes out in seattle builds great custom bikes, of all types for really solid deals.. www.sizemorebicycles.com, I'm working with him now and its pretty solid this far.
    • CommentAuthorheadphone

meh.
    This guy is not ACTUALLY thinking of buying a Nagasawa. He's really not.
    • CommentAuthorjdiamond

Posted By: terrible_one49This guy is not ACTUALLY thinking of buying a Nagasawa. He's really not.

+1
    thats what i think too
    in my opinion, if your dropping 3500 on a frame. you ALREADY know what you want. normal people dont just have 3500 laying around just in case someone is like hey you want this

Posted By: Chilverstaylor sizemore of sizemore bikes out in seattle builds great custom bikes, of all types for really solid deals.. www.sizemorebicycles.com, I'm working with him now and its pretty solid this far.

and no offense to sizemore because their frames are really nice as well, but no way would i buy a sizemore over a yamaguchi.

and veggie! when you get that yamaguchi tandem you BETTER post it ;)
    that'd be sick!
    • CommentAuthorstalag13

Posted By: Chilverstaylor sizemore of sizemore bikes out in seattle builds great custom bikes, of all types for really solid deals.. www.sizemorebicycles.com, I'm working with him now and its pretty solid this far.

if you're gonna get a custom frame from a Seattle frame maker, go Davidson.
    http://www.davidsonbicycles.com/
    absolutely classic, with decades of industry experience and tradition to draw from. and cheaper than most new school frame builders. I'm sure Sizemore is good, but Davidson is the gold standard in the NW. Even over Vanilla (personal taste).

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.