velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010

The ghost in the machine acted up the past twenty-four hours and velospace was down. I spent a lot of time tinkering with things behind the scene and tracked the problem down to an arcane Drupal bug.

The site is back up, thanks for your patience.
    • CommentAuthorgreg

I look forward to the day when I can move velospace off of Drupal onto a more modern, well written, system.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

Thanks greg, I really need this. My brain is melting looking at STATA syntax and the only thing that keeps me sane is looking at a beautiful bike or reading a ridiculous post every 30 mins.
    • CommentAuthor1gear

Yes thanks Greg for all your efforts. No velospace for the afternoon made the task of deloying VMs over a shitty mpls circuit even more laborous.
    Thanks Again!
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010

greg ftw
    Thanks, Greg! We all appreciate all the effort that, for reasons unclear, you put into this sandbox.

Mancha, what do you do with STATA?
    • CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2010

do you really want to know? Cause it goes a little something like this...

*Assume that CEMITAS, GALLETAS, PEDAZOS, PORCIONES, QUESADILLAS, TORTAS, RODAJAS, SEMITAS and UNIDADES are all equivalent to PANES*
    replace kp3_04u="PANES" if kp3_04u=="CEMITAS" | kp3_04u=="GALLETAS" | kp3_04u=="PAEDAZOS" | kp3_04u=="PEDAZOS" | kp3_04u=="PORCIONES" | kp3_04u=="RODAJAS" | kp3_04u=="SEMITAS" | kp3_04u=="TORTAS" | kp3_04u=="UNIDADES" | kp3_04u=="QUESADILLAS"
    *Deduce the amount of PANES in one BOLSA by comparing money spent*
    list id_bolred2 hhsize kp1_04 -kp5_04b if kp1_04==1 & kp3_04u=="PANES" & kp3_04==1 & kp4_04>1 & kp4_04!=.
    *It is is very unlikely that one unit of PAN DULCE is more than $1
    replace kp4_04=kp4_04/10 if kp1_04==1 & kp3_04==1 & kp3_04u=="PANES" & kp4_04>=1
    list id_bolred2 hhsize kp1_04 -kp5_04b if kp1_04==1 & kp3_04u=="PANES" & kp3_04==1
    sum kp4_04 if kp1_04==1 & kp2_04==1 & kp3_04==1 & kp3_04u=="PANES"
    I, uh, think I wanted to know more broadly.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2010

Hahaha sorry I got carried away. STATA is statistical analysis software used by "social scientists"
    • CommentAuthorjet sanchEz
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010 edited

I just spent a bunch of time uploading new profiles of some new bikes I have and when I hit "submit" everything freezes and I get a "Validation error. Please try again" message?

How do I get around this?
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010

Delete your web cache and start fresh.
    Thanks, I also re-sized the photos and it worked.
    Posted By: Mancha150Hahaha sorry I got carried away. STATA is statistical analysis software used by "social scientists"

I know. I wanted to know what you were using it for.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.