velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthormarkk
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009

it seems to always be in the rear wheel. what's up with this??? these good folks can't all be 10 years old -- is it for photographic reasons? I honestly mean no offense to anyone, but I sure would appreciate some enlightenment with regards to this practice..
    You got me man, if it doesn’t serve a purpose like increase comfort, improve performance, save weight or make it more functional, then I see it as fad or personal taste.

Personally, I see them as just another “HEY, look at me!!” item...
    • CommentAuthorzerocool33
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2009

Hipster Paraphernalia
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2009

I think sometimes people put the flyers from alleycats they've won in there.... I think it takes away from the looks of the bikes.
    Yeah, they are usually little fliers/cards from alleycat races, and I agree...it usually looks like shit. I would rather have ugly plastic reflectors in my spokes than ad's.
    • CommentAuthordeinem
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009

Each piece of paper in the spokes is a laminated I.O.U from a hipster to his father: "Dear daddy, thanks for paying for my bike. I.O.U $800."
    • CommentAuthortitanium

No comment.......................................Is this an actual question???????????????????
    • CommentAuthorOtto Rax

i fully expected to hear a sob story about people slinging dookie onto your parked bike
    • CommentAuthorsimonweiss

retarded thread idea, markk you fail.
    • CommentAuthorheadydude

haha otto. i thought the same thing. thats messed up!
    if i get enough shit in there i have a super aero disc wheel
    • CommentAuthoryoxscotty
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009

yeah, this can't be serious.

regardless, they are spokecards are they're normally handed out at polo tournaments, alleycats and other such competitions/gatherings.

my girlfriend is a graphic designer and i got her to design something for me so that i can bike around with a little piece of her with me. i personally appreciate the look of spoke cards so it works out!
    • CommentAuthorfilthpunx
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited

Posted By: deinemEach piece of paper in the spokes is a laminated I.O.U from a hipster to his father: "Dear daddy, thanks for paying for my bike. I.O.U $800."

hahahahahaha thats a good one
    • CommentAuthorwhipithard
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009

fail
    Only acceptable spoke garnish consists of pokemon or xmen trading cards, as well as cutouts from skin mags.
    • CommentAuthorewurl
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009

^agreed. If you don't have any naked ladies, pokemon or x-men, you are obviously a poseur. If you find a way to incorporate all 3 into some epic rotating collage, even better. Also, make sure that when you skid the picture is facing upright with all boobies perpendicular to the ground. That is all.
    • CommentAuthorgergm
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009

"^agreed. If you don't have any naked ladies, pokemon or x-men, you are obviously a poseur. If you find a way to incorporate all 3 into some epic rotating collage, even better. Also, make sure that when you skid the picture is facing upright with all boobies perpendicular to the ground. That is all."

haha
    • CommentAuthoriamsomeguy
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2009 edited

Posted By: ewurl^agreed. If you don't have any naked ladies, pokemon or x-men, you are obviously a poseur. If you find a way to incorporate all 3 into some epic rotating collage, even better. Also, make sure that when you skid the picture is facing upright with all boobies perpendicular to the ground. That is all.
    +1
    spoke cards, cigarettes and skinny ugly girls thats style apparently

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.