velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard much news of the new Cinelli Mash. Paint scheme looks alright to me, though Im not a fan of the bright blue....
    Anyone happen to know when the release date for these or the Vigo's will be?
    and if you haven't seen it yet, then check it out
    http://prollyisnotprobably.com/2010/09/interbike_2010_cinelli_mash.php
    It's not that bad looking, I guess. But having owned a MASH myself, I can say there are many other bikes I would prefer over it for the same price.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2010

Posted By: Changing the geometry ever so slightly.

Hmm, that could be good or bad.
    • CommentAuthorAphex139

I guess it's just a grayscale version of the histograph frame from the Arkitip gallery show, huh?
    Posted By: veggie
    Posted By:Changing the geometry ever so slightly.

Hmm, that could be good or bad.

Hopefully they tightened up the frame abit. Compared to all the other aluminum track frames I've had, the MASH had the longest back end (even with the axle slammed all the way up tight), and also the longest front end, the distance from BB to front axle. Despite its "aggressive" LOOKING geometry, it handled rather sluggish and un-responsive on the track. Strange to say, but it was actually one of the most relaxed feeling track bikes I've rode.

Personally, even though I'm burnt out on seeing the old grey Mash color-scemeā€¦ I still prefer it over the new graphic designs. It's was a lot cleaner, simpler and classy looking. The new one is just trying to look more "edgy" I say.
    The wheels look closer to the seat tube and the front wheel looks a bit closer to the down tube, looks like they changed the head tube angle?
    look at those welds, they get worse everytime, cinelli is like an old woman trying to look hot. just stuffed with botox.. yes she once looked good, but now its just nasty
    Posted By: terrible_one49It's not that bad looking, I guess. But having owned a MASH myself, I can say there are many other bikes I would prefer over it for the same price.

I agree. I mean they look cool and all but from the majority of the people I've talked to, they will usually say you can get a nicer frameset for around the same price area. I'm wondering how many of these frames we will see start popping up around VS.
    • CommentAuthorjdiamond

it is to be released in February 2011, they said the geometry was going to be much tighter from what i have read, i think it looks better than the 2010s.
    You can see from the photos that the seat tube angle is steeper, also the fork seems to be steeper angled.
    As far as I have understood this won't replace the old mash frame and will even be a bit more pricey.
    As far as the paint scheme goes, I like it a lot.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010

Posted By: sprint20092010

We're on to you, scumbag. Punishment is coming.
    • CommentAuthorJameson_C

According to MASHs twitter the new frame has different geometry. They're also talking about cinelli making new bullhorns and bar tape for it. I think it looks pretty sick, by it's still going to get played out pretty fast. Possibly worse than vigorellis. Kind of a shame but I guess that's what happens since fixed gears are the mainstream now...
    Yeah, they now have a full MASH groupo set, with a MASH stem, seatpost, bars, bar-tape and possibly more. Maybe pedal straps.
    Posted By: terrible_one49Yeah, they now have a full MASH groupo set, with a MASH stem, seatpost, bars, bar-tape and possibly more. Maybe pedal straps.

I noticed on the bike they had displayed it shows the MASH symbol on the front of the stem as well as the back of the seatpost. Just couldn't tell if the bar and tape were MASH exclusive or not.
    Posted By: alex aka fresh
    Posted By: terrible_one49Yeah, they now have a full MASH groupo set, with a MASH stem, seatpost, bars, bar-tape and possibly more. Maybe pedal straps.

I noticed on the bike they had displayed it shows the MASH symbol on the front of the stem as well as the back of the seatpost. Just couldn't tell if the bar and tape were MASH exclusive or not.

The tape is being sold, they presented it on the website a couple of weeks ago. From the photos it looked like the stem was custom made and the seatpost was just stickered. However if they made these components they would sell pretty good, I guess. I just don't know what would make a mash seatpost any special...
    • CommentAuthorurchin0903

dude dont you know? anything with a mash sticker definitely makes a bike at least 30% faster per sticker!
    Posted By: urchin0903dude dont you know? anything with a mash sticker definitely makes a bike at least 30% faster per sticker!

duhhh I've ordered things off of their site before and they've sent me free stickers with the purchase. I've used every single sticker and stuck them to almost everything, besides my bikes...
    • CommentAuthorurchin0903

dude man youre missin out. shit'll fly if ya put 30 on
    Then what ever you ordered probably got to your door really fast then with all the stickers in your package.
    sounds like a test for mythbusters...

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.