velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorjdiamond
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2010

so today was the first actual cold day i had to jump on the bike a ride, not to mention it was rainy and wet out. i had to put on the northface fleece and shell for the first time in months, and it just hit me. the very cold and wet is coming and it sucks, you guys ready for this??
    • CommentAuthor1gear

Are you still in Florida? How cold was it there? Here in Md it was 65 this morning. Not that it mattered to me as I havent been able to ride since Wednesday. Dammed upper resp infection. Anyway, I just hope we don't get another blizzard season like we had last winter. I couldnt ride for 2+ weeks after those storms.
    The rainy season offically begins this week here. Time for fenders.
    Damn I wish I lived somewhere warm, cold days would be like 70 degrees. Its gonna be a long cold winter in NYC
    • CommentAuthorbionnaki
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2010 edited

you live in panama city...where the low today was about 75 degrees or so. and you consider that cold?

shit, im ready for some 75 degree riding. hell yeah. that's t-shirt weather here.

not looking forward to 5 degrees, personally.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

It's not winter till December here, then its only down to like 50°.
    Iowa City, Iowa. It was 54 degrees and raining all day long. Had to throw the fender onto my bike before I ran out for the groceries. Can't wait till it starts snowing :( gonna have to bring my Specialized MTB up to school since the plows here are horrible...
    • CommentAuthorStrubb
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2010 edited

• CommentAuthorsfbee
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2010

Posted By: veggieIt's not winter till December here, then its only down to like 50°.

Yup, and 70 to 80 degree weather until then. FML.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: sfbee70 to 80 degree weather until then

70 I can deal with, but anything above that is bleh when it should be cold.
    im ready! i love it...
    • CommentAuthorcjpark86

Waiting for the snow... i love it..
    • CommentAuthorjdiamond
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2010 edited

ha no i dont live in florida anymore, i wish. i live in iowa and it was 50 and raining that night. i havent lived in florida in a year. probably should update my info

and yeah i agree 1gear. im hoping its not blizzard hell like it was last year, there was snow on the ground from nov. till march, it didnt melt once.
    I usually bike down to the mid-teens. So far, though, I haven't had to bike below 50°, and that turned out to be a pretty nice ride. It was dry, though.
    • CommentAuthorr.p.r
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2010

Yeah, I am ready. Winter riding is fun. Once you have a nice set of riding clothes and a solid bike, it can be a pleasant thing. Winnipeg hits -30C pretty frequently, without the windchill. With the wind, it often gets down to -45C or more. In Fahrenheit that is about -20 or more, according to an online converter.

The number of cyclists on the road certainly drops, but we still do it, and we stay warm.
    • CommentAuthorjayohachen
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2010

Ah, 80 degrees this week in San Diego.

BTW. Last two weeks for TNR/FNR at the SD Velodrome!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.