velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Please just give a number of what you think

all pictures here... http://joe-got-the-erge.pinkbike.com/album/Orbit-TT/
    • CommentAuthorjesmerl
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010

you could probably get between 500-600 American with a little work

match all the brake cable housing to the new bar tape (probably black)
    get a new seat
    sell it with out pedals (most would probably want to ride clipless) and the plastic junkers you have on there suck
    clean all the rust spots off the headset with some SOS pads
    clean the frame/wheels/every surface and give them all 3 or 4 coats of wax to make this thing pop (windex works well)
    pull of the chain clean/ re-grease it (or buy a new one)
    You'll get more if you part it out.

By the way, would it be possible to make this thread sticky? Since it is inevitable that some knucklehead will periodically come here asking this same completely subjective question I think it might be best to consolidate it all in one place and reduce clutter.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: Michael PerzBy the way, would it be possible to make this thread sticky? Since it is inevitable that some knucklehead will periodically come here asking this same completely subjective question I think it might be best to consolidate it all in one place and reduce clutter.

I think that would be a bad Idea, when visitors see "[Sticky] Need help, how much is my bike worth?" it would encourage them to sign up for the sole purpose of asking the value of their bike and leave. This guy got quite the beating(I know, I started it) for doing just that.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Seconded. That's a terrible idea.

The classic sink and ban works quite well for me.
    Posted By: veggie
    Posted By: Michael PerzBy the way, would it be possible to make this thread sticky? Since it is inevitable that some knucklehead will periodically come here asking this same completely subjective question I think it might be best to consolidate it all in one place and reduce clutter.

I think that would be a bad Idea, when visitors see "[Sticky] Need help, how much is my bike worth?" it would encourage them to sign up for the sole purpose of asking the value of their bike and leave. Thisguygot quite the beating(I know, I started it) for doing just that.

trust me i didt realy wanted to start a thread about this, i tried to do alot of reserch for a while but i havent found any infomation at all, last resort...
    • CommentAuthorthemansuit

Sell me the frame.
    Posted By: jesmerlyou could probably get between 500-600 American with a little work

match all the brake cable housing to the new bar tape (probably black)
    get a new seat
    sell it with out pedals (most would probably want to ride clipless) and the plastic junkers you have on there suck
    clean all the rust spots off the headset with some SOS pads
    clean the frame/wheels/every surface and give them all 3 or 4 coats of wax to make this thing pop (windex works well)
    pull of the chain clean/ re-grease it (or buy a new one)

thanks man, oredy had most of it in mind, i have a spair cinelli stem for it to, origanal has some cracking paint, spair unused track pedals from my fuji that i mite aswell put on, was thinking a white seat and white tape, maybe charge bucket? or would a slimmer modern seat be better?

seriusly apriciate any help...
    Posted By: themansuitSell me the frame.

if you want the frame you have to buy the hole bike...
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010 edited

Posted By: joelovesfudgeytrust me i didt realy wanted to start a thread about this, i tried to do alot of reserch for a while but i havent found any infomation at all, last resort...

That wasn't aimed at you. You actually participate on this forum, and I understand your situation.
    Posted By: joelovesfudgeytrust me i didt realy wanted to start a thread about this, i tried to do alot of reserch for a while but i havent found any infomation at all, last resort...

That wasn't aimed at you. You actually participate on this forum, and I understand your situation.

I can understand his concern though. If this was a talent show veggie would be the first to start chucking rotten tomatoes... or chunks of meat, he'd probably eat the tomatoes.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: beastmaster303If this was a talent show veggie would be the first to start chucking rotten tomatoes... or chunks of meat, he'd probably eat the tomatoes.

Nah, I'd throw my HUMAN BEANS.
    aprently by google 500 dollars is 320 pounds, so shal i aim for atleest £350 pounds? i think its a fair price, and it will get my frankenstien mtb rolling again
    Posted By: beastmaster303If this was a talent show veggie would be the first to start chucking rotten tomatoes... or chunks of meat, he'd probably eat the tomatoes.

Nah, I'd throw my HUMAN BEANS.

Eeeewwwwwwwwww!
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010

Well a little work will go a really long way on this one. Basically it looks good from 20 feet away. Change the tape and housing and match the saddle. As above, if the track pedals you have don't look very nice leave them off (you can always add them as part of a good-deal-buy later). Get rid of those shifters and pick up a set of 105 downtube shifters (they're inexpensive). Clean the thing up including the tires. (Windex is not a wax). While you have the cables off to replace the housing (and did I say SHIFTERS?), wax it with a good automotive wax or polish. You want to make it ride as crisp as possible, so if you have someone come to look at it after you change the shifters and adjust the shifting and brakes, make sure you have the tires up to pressure so it feels snappy. Oh, make sure your hubs, headset and bb are adjusted properly. You want to give the buyer the idea that it's been maintained even if you've neglected it.
    ye i work in a bike shop, isnt a propper shop but we fix and sell second hand bikes so i can get new cables and everything like that quite easily, it only had some realy crap parts on becouse it was handed in with some missing and we had to use the only parts we had available, also helped bring the price down, i could probly get some new shifters to fit on the frame pretty easily and would could only cost a few pennys, oh and i have the origanal TT bars that fit on top, recon they would put the price up abit? i have no use for them so i mite aswell sell them with it

i always keep my bikes nicely maintained, the bike dose actualy work realy well how it is, gave lil tweek on the gears and new gear cables and its sweet, i get depressed if i dont make sure my babys are ok... how sad?

my only delemer is when im finished with it im going to want to keep it even more!
    • CommentAuthorgreg

why does your grammar and spelling get worse with each passing day?
    • CommentAuthorJabrowski

i was wondering if anyone was as appalled by his spelling as i was
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010 edited

Posted By: joelovesfudgeywhy does your grammar and spelling get worse with each passing day?

Haha, I wasn't gonna say anything.

Posted By: joelovesfudgeymy only delemer

Kind of like my old A+ teacher, Mr.Haug(he tried to say it with a German accent, but we all called him Mr.Hog regardless, being fat didn't help the matter) who would pronounce idea as idear. He said other things weird like that, but I dont remember all of them(it was 10th grade)
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010 edited

Posted By: veggiewho would pronounce idea as idear

Idear for idea is a regional dialect; I'll have to sleuth up which region (Philadelphia/Baltimore, maybe? The hard "R" is definitely not a New England thing).

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.