velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorpulso49
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2010 edited

Road Bike Outlet send me the wrong color twice
    the first time i bought a white 2010 vilano
    they send me a black one.
    second bike was a graphite 2011 zulu freestyle
    they send me a black one when i asked for some kind of discount they denied that they ever send me the wrong color.that i was some how color blind, OMG "CUSTOMER SERVICE" was very rood they tried to talk me down as if i was some child, they even hung up on me two times. They forward me to an answer machine it was by far the worst online shopping experience they told me to send them a side by side of the 2010 and 2011 bikes witch i did.they stuck to there story
    even when i send them pics of the box witch was clearly marked gloss black
    they told me to send it back if i didn't like it
    didn't care for the customer at all

So don't order a vilano from Road Bike Outlet unless you want it "BLACK"

lol fooled me twice shame on me!!!

• CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2010

I've never heard of a "vilano" , but why on earth, if you ordered a bike from a webstore, and they sent you a different bike, why did you set it up and ride it instead of returning it ? Further more, why did you order a second bike from them after they messed up your first bike order? Not only have I never heard of either bike you ordered, I've never heard of that website either ..
    Hey Matt, would you be so kind as to explain your username to me? I'm going to call you Bambi until you do.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

I think it's supposed to be "Dear Matt" as opposed to "Dear John", but not John Deere..
    These are the crappy bikes you see at eBay.
    Posted By: RuffinitI think it's supposed to be "Dear Matt" as opposed to "Dear John", but not John Deere..

Now that you say that, I think he may have said this... Bambi, answer my question!
    • CommentAuthorbobdol3

ive seen them vilano bikes. From what ive seen they have some shitty construction going on.
    Jesus fuck! Look at how long that top tube is, and look at how much of an angle that seat-tube as! WHOW!
    • CommentAuthorveggie

And the saddle in that first pic
    • CommentAuthorncecchi

built up with the $100 knock-off B43's.

although in my experience wrenchin on a friends bike, the hoops are probably worth it... er almost.

Watch out for that rear Quando Hub though, it's going to blow up at some point and strip the fuck out of your hub and or lockring and cog.
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2010

Posted By: terrible_one49Jesus fuck! Look at how long that top tube is, and look at how much of an angle that seat-tube as! WHOW!

explain the problem with the st angle for someone who knows not much about frame geo.
    Posted By: MaxThrash
    Posted By: terrible_one49Jesus fuck! Look at how long that top tube is, and look at how much of an angle that seat-tube as! WHOW!

explain the problem with the st angle for someone who knows not much about frame geo.

Short legs long torso and arms anyone?
    • CommentAuthorJustinLin
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2010

Wow, I ordered a white one a few days ago and I just came upon this post...

Hopefully I'm getting what I want
    • CommentAuthorpeazweag
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010

AT LEAST HE DIDNT GET A SOMA RuSH
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010

Posted By: peazweagAT LEAST HE DIDNT GET A SOMA RuSH

Hey now.
    Posted By: peazweagAT LEAST HE DIDNT GET A SOMA RuSH

Yeah good point! Using logic and making intelligent financial decisions is stupid!
    what is soma? only heard of it from the area, south of market in the bay. well it's where my cousin lives. pretty sick place, we always catch a movie at Metreon wither her when we are down at Metreon. Is it the where they operations are based?
    • CommentAuthorJustinLin
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010

Got my Vilano yesterday, got it white like i ordered. Missing a screw which totally sucks. E-mailed their service email and haven't gotten a reply... I put it together myself and it took forever. They had the hub tightened on too tight for my scrawny little self, paid $5 for it to be switched to fixed. The brakes came all weird, but I ride brakeless so it didnt really matter. My right toe clip wont stay up so I have to put it on with my hands. Also, most importantly, my back tire popped when i was bombing a hill at around 40mph. Had to ted shred, tires pumped at 100 psi. front tire was fine. I now have a 700x28 tire on my backwheel and the 25c it comes with in the front. Came with flatbar and dropdowns. Had to wrap the drop downs myself. I dont like flatbars because i dont ride fixed for the tricks, but for the speed, and i still don't go that fast. So only problem was missing crap and tire can't handle my shit, I'm 130 lbs so probably it was my weight.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: JustinLinThe brakes came all weird

The brakes came a weird?

Posted By: JustinLinI'm 130 lbs so probably it was my weight.

That's not heavy at all.
    • CommentAuthorJustinLin

Posted By: veggieThe brakes came a weird?

like the pads were side ways and when you pressed down it wont close all the way. Back brakes were rubbing on the tires.
    I don't use brakes so didn't really bother me.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.