velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010 edited

Posted By: JustinLinlike the pads were side ways and when you pressed down it wont close all the way. Back brakes were rubbing on the tires.

Because they weren't adjusted. It sounds like the pads weren't even tightened.
    • CommentAuthorJustinLin
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010

Posted By: veggieBecause they weren't adjusted. It sounds like the pads weren't even tightened.

i have to over press it in order for the pads to actually touch the wheel
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: JustinLin
    i have to over press it in order for the pads to actually touch the wheel

Posted By: veggieBecause they weren't adjusted.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010 edited

Posted By: JustinLinAlso, most importantly, my back tire popped when i was bombing a hill at around 40mph.

i call shenanigans.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: Aaron Ci call shenanigans.

• CommentAuthorAaron C

Posted By: JustinLinHad to ted shred

and why would you have to ted shred? were you riding with a freewheel and no brake?!!1?!!
    whats ted shred mean?

I have two Ted Shred mix CDs from Aquarius Records (is that place still there? I loved it) circa 2001, I just recently found out that it is the same dude who coined the freewheel shoe brake.
    • CommentAuthorJustinLin
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010

Posted By: Aaron Cand why would you have to ted shred? were you riding with a freewheel and no brake?!!1?!!

Posted By: JustinLinmy back tire popped

Also I was just seeing how fast my bike could go without losing control
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

Posted By: JustinLinAlso I was just seeing how fast my bike could go without losing control

that still doesn't address why in the hell you had to ted shred on a fixed gear. if you can't stop without putting your foot on the tire you should have a brake. even then you should probably have a brake.
    • CommentAuthorurchin0903

JustinLin, people like you make me feel smart
    i am curious about the vilano fixed gear free style bike.

A free style bike thats $300? That could break this game wide open, no?

Even if its not good, could the parts be taken off and switch frames?
    but then again maybe these people really dont know what theyre doing

ex: " Compare to:
    •Bianchi Pists "

http://www.roadbikeoutlet.com/single-speed-fixed-gear-fixie-bicyles/classic-benotto-classico-fixed-gear-bicycle.html
    • CommentAuthorJustinLin

Posted By: Aaron Cthat still doesn't address why in the hell you had to ted shred on a fixed gear. if you can't stop without putting your foot on the tire you should have a brake. even then you should probably have a brake.

you can't skid with your rim
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

Posted By: JustinLin
    Posted By: Aaron Cthat still doesn't address why in the hell you had to ted shred on a fixed gear. if you can't stop without putting your foot on the tire you should have a brake. even then you should probably have a brake.

you can't skid with your rim

did your tire magically disappear when it popped. Skidding isn't the only way to stop on a fixed gear, what happened to applying back pressure? popping a tire while going down a hill does not equal ted shred.

i'm sorry i brought this up, I am done now.
    I still stand by my previous call of shenanigans.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

Posted By: roadbikebreckhttp://www.roadbikeoutlet.com/single-speed-fixed-gear-fixie-bicyles/classic-benotto-classico-fixed-gear-bicycle.html

the frame on that benotto is horrendous, it reminds me of an old gas pipe raleigh 10 speed with track ends welded on and a new coat of paint.
    • CommentAuthorchain suck
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010 edited

• CommentAuthorheadydude
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010

ted shred is so ridiculous. I don't think I saw one pedal revolution in that whole 5:00 video. Does he just go down hills? must be a rough way to live in SF.
    Posted By: Aaron C
    Posted By: roadbikebreckhttp://www.roadbikeoutlet.com/single-speed-fixed-gear-fixie-bicyles/classic-benotto-classico-fixed-gear-bicycle.html

the frame on that benotto is horrendous, it reminds me of an old gas pipe raleigh 10 speed with track ends welded on and a new coat of paint.

i think that thing looks rad!

but dayummm those are some wide ass bars. Youd think the owner of this would be doing like some FGFS!!!111

http://www.roadbikeoutlet.com/single-speed-fixed-gear-fixie-bicyles/classic-benotto-classico-fixed-gear-bicycle.html#
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010

Posted By: roadbikebreck ass bars

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.