velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorMaxThrash
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010

Just saw this today, but I can't find a video online. A commercial for BBM with two kids doing barspins on what looks like a leader 'fixie'. I just started yellling "NOOOO NOOOOOOO!"

I guess not as bad as wal-mart fixies, but still.
    • CommentAuthorGordonpn
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2010

Have you seen the Honda Jazz one about 'hipsters'?
    two things that can't happen soon enough for me:

1) total ban on cellular phone usage by motorists (text and voice)

2) people not paying attention to the kind of bicycle i ride
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: cicadashell2) people not paying attention to the kind of bicycle i ride

People don't pay attention to me regardless of what bike I'm riding.
    Posted By: veggie
    Posted By: cicadashell2) people not paying attention to the kind of bicycle i ride

People don't pay attention to me regardless of what bike I'm riding.

People are just walking trees they dont pay attention to anything! ugh
    • CommentAuthorJethro666

People don't pay attention to any cyclist regardless of style of bike. but fuck it right? I find a way around the little things
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: Jethro666People don't pay attention to any cyclist regardless of style of bike. but fuck it right? I find a way around the little things

I'm buying an air horn to combat that.
    Posted By: GordonpnHave you seen the Honda Jazz one about 'hipsters'?

among the funniest commercials i have seen.

• CommentAuthoriCxLegion
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2010

That video is a work of genius.
    • CommentAuthorheadphone

Posted By: MaxThrashJust saw this today, but I can't find a video online. A commercial for BBM with two kids doing barspins on what looks like a leader 'fixie'. I just started yellling "NOOOO NOOOOOOO!"

you actually were upset by this? I think you may have too much emotional investment and personal identity with fixed gear bicycles, then. That's kinda sad, no?
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

Holy crap, I lost it to that commercial.

FAIR TRADE!
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2010 edited

Posted By: sfbeeHoly crap, I lost it to that commercial.

FAIR TRADE!

I watch it, as I am about to venture into the Mordor of hipsterdom - San Francisco's Mission District - to rescue a set of antique '50s Swiss tubular rims from the dark legion of tattooed nitwits.

The coffee came out my nose. It hurt.
    • CommentAuthorichitz
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2010 edited

saw this on tv yesterday.
    @0:36. Ok it's only 2 seconds. Just sayin'

• CommentAuthorGordonpn
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010 edited

Isn't that a fixed gear at 0:03?
    Posted By: Jethro666People don't pay attention to any cyclist regardless of style of bike. but fuck it right? I find a way around the little things

Thats why you've got to put all sorts of crazy neon colors on your bike. Aerospokes are like hunting vests, but for hipsters. We just need to hope hipsters don't start wearing actual hunting vests.

I think its funny how much exposure fixed gear bikes have been getting, i think we can blame it on the fact that hipsters tend to be to damn artsy for their own good. Companies can smell faduluousness of theses people, and give them jobs making commercials. Those people in the Jazz commercial probably weren't actors (though they may try to be in their free time) they were probably just whoever directed the commercials friends. Outrageously funny commercial though.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010 edited

I couldn't find it on youtube, but there is yet another crackberry commercial with a "fixie". Its for the blackberry torch I think and it revolves around a "document courier".

Edit: The commercial isnt on their official youtube page, here is the BBM tv ads playlist

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackBerry#p/c/2AD022837BB1981F
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2010

I found it:

that's fergus... thought people would know this.
    • CommentAuthorthemansuit

Companies can smell faduluousness of theses people, and give them jobs making commercials.

I was reading an commentary on the eruption of "Hipster culture" that rested quite heavily on this fact. Something about Hipster culture being an ambiguous, self-loathing, consumerist movement that is too apathetic to claim itself or see beyond its own near-sighted, indulgent nature. An interesting point being that the Hipster movement is the first of its kind to be so rapidly absorbed by corporate marketing & advertising, kind of amalgamating itself with 'the enemy.'

But, all in all: who the fuck cares?
    • CommentAuthorStrubb

What kind of helmet is that he's wearing. I wonder?

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.