velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010

Posted By: wes m.Hes probably starring in blackberry commercials to make up for lost income. Seriously. The future is in selling "messenger culture" or whatever the hell they want to call it.

That's probably true; I expect he'll make as much from this commercial as he made messengering all last year. Maybe more.

Still, that hill he's pushing his bike up has to be Russian Hill, with the Transamerica Pyramid in the background. I suggest that's a staged bike-push, done for scenic value; any lawyer operating in that neighborhood is working out of their house, and can't afford to pay messengers to run things around (instead of emailing them).
    • CommentAuthorokayplus

Reading this made me remember something I saw at the court house in SF last year. I do social work and occasionally accompany clients to court, while waiting for my client just beyond security, I saw at least four messengers struggling to shove their studded belts back through their belt loops after having to remove them for the metal detectors. It was like something out of flight of the concords.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: okayplusReading this made me remember something I saw at the court house in SF last year. I do social work and occasionally accompany clients to court, while waiting for my client just beyond security, I saw at least four messengers struggling to shove their studded belts back through their belt loops after having to remove them for the metal detectors. It was like something out of flight of the concords.

San Francisco City Hall (where the Superior Court is) takes security very seriously. They have for a long time, for understandable reasons.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010

Posted By: veggie
    Posted By: Michael PerzMy favorite part is where he has to carry his bike uphill presumably due to an impossibly high gear ratio and the absence of a derailleur.

Yeah, I laughed at that too.

There are certain streets in the Pacific Heights/Laurel Heights area that I'm scared to drive up. They're so steep I'm afraid the car won't make it. If there's any cyclist that can pedal up those hills, on any bicycle at all, with any gearing, s/he'll have to do it in front of me before I'll believe it.

And there are hills in Seattle that are even steeper.
    If you guys were smart you would jump at the chance to ride your bike in a commercial. I would love for blackberry to pay me to do something I enjoy.
    this was certainly just a matter of time: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1547234/
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010

Posted By: beastmaster303this was certainly just a matter of time:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1547234/

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a bike messenger? I got to see this.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010

Staring Amy Chung as the asian hipster chick.
    Posted By: wes m.Staring Amy Chung as the asian hipster chick.
    i think you mean Jaime Chung.
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2010

• CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2010

Its impressive that I forgot her name in the 2 seconds between imdb and velospace.
    and you call yourself a hipster? you'll never be able to pick up any chicks let alone asian chicks if you forget their names.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.