velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthormktng
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2010

not really a trick. .. anyways .. i was thinking of a good way to prevent my ulock from dinging the hell outta the steering tube area of my bike when i had it locked up.. but didnt want to put any ugly looking pieces of clear tape on it. So what I did was I bought a bunch of invisible shield screen protectors for iphones cheap and used those. If anyone on here knows about these things you should know that they stick on good and are thick though to protect it from metal to metal contact.. !!
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2010

They use clear protective strips on skis and ski boards too.
    • CommentAuthorpeterabbit
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2010 edited

You should check out veloskin frame protector tape, it is awesome... except it sometimes peels frame decals off (should you decide to remove it). Veloskin on the outside of a frame + Framesaver on the inside of a frame will make your steel bike last forever.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010

put the ulock in the back of your pants , back pocket ,or backpack instead of on your handlebars ? Or, the lock comes with a plastic clip to attack it securely to your frame when riding .
    • CommentAuthormktng
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010

i meant when its locked up.. :P
    Use bar tape.
    I used velo Orange elk hide stitch on handle bar wrap. across the whole top tube but in retrospect just in the front would have been more stylish. it drew LOTS of complements.
    • CommentAuthorjayohachen
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010

I'm confused. You lock up your bike at the steering tube? Maybe I'm missing something.
    Posted By: jayohachenI'm confused. You lock up your bike at the steering tube? Maybe I'm missing something.

thats what i was thinking lol
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2010

Does nobody know how to properly lock up their bikes?
    • CommentAuthorbillyalva

through both wheels right?

One through your front wheel to your frame through a pole,

The second should be through your back wheel and make sure to either include the seat post or rear triangle

correct?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

U-lock the rear wheel to a pole through your rear triangle. Cable through both wheels onto u-lock or another u-lock from front wheel to frame.

Sheldon knows best.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.