velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Hey im ABOUT 5'8" with ABOUT a 30" inseam, probably a little bit over that for the inseam. I am going to get the Thrasher frame, and I was wondering which size bike i should get

http://volumebikes.com/frames-thrasher.html

At first I thought the small, because its 30" standover and thats about my inseam, but then i also thought that I might grow. Volume also recommends that you get the size smaller, im just not sure.

The site also said that it can only accept up to 45c tires. Anyone know how many inches that is? A guy i met today with the thrasher said that his can take 47c, but the site says only 45c. Is there anyway it could take 47c tires???

Can anyone tell what size these tires are? Because theres no use getting anything bigger than these are, since i wont get 100% clearance

50cm
    Posted By: bensonisajew50cm

what 50cm?
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010

They recommend a frame one size smaller because they assume you will be using for tricks or at the very least aggressive street riding.

I agree that a 50cm would work well for someone 5' 8". If you know what length top tube you prefer, get the Volume frame that is closest to that dimension.

45c is 45mm. Google "mm inches" and you will get a link to a metric/inches conversion program.
    My friend is a bit taller than me and im 5 10. His Thrasher fits him good and so do I. With the Fu Manchu fork and the long top tube it feels bigger than it is so 50cm will be the most reasonable size.
    Posted By: SkidMarkThey recommend a frame one size smaller because they assume you will be using for tricks or at the very least aggressive street riding.

I agree that a 50cm wouldworkwell for someone 5' 8". If you know what length top tube you prefer, get the Volume frame that is closest to that dimension.

45c is 45mm. Google "mm inches" and you will get alinkto a metric/inches conversion program.

Thanks, its about 1.7 inches for those of you that were wondering
    Posted By: bensonisajewMy friend is a bit taller than me and im 5 10. His Thrasher fits him good and so do I. With the Fu Manchu fork and the long top tube it feels bigger than it is so 50cm will be the most reasonable size.
    You dont get to choose the actual size, its s m l xl.

The small has about a 55cm top tube, but a standover of 30"
    Well the small is what he has
    ok small it is
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010 edited

No matter the sizing description (SMLXL, cm, inches) there are physical dimensions. There is not a BMX company on the planet that does not specify top tube length.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010

Go to tricktrack.
    Posted By: the rabbiGo to tricktrack.

Wouldn't that sure be a nice relief for all of us around here.

tom mosher is my fav rider, so is joel weston
    Posted By: FixedGearFix

tom mosher is my fav rider, so is joel weston

Even MORE reason you should be over at TrickTrack.

Better buy the exact buy they all ride too!

I wish. Hate to be this way but this kinda goofy shit is exactly why I barely visit velospace anymore. The forum has turned into a troll's paradise by kids like FixedGearFix.
    It wasn't bad a couple years ago when we just had the occasional goofball thread but mostly just fun discussions about bike stuff and an opportunity here and there to help someone figure out how to service their headset.

I don't blame the site. It's an open forum and so long as you don't break the rules it makes sense you should be able to stay. I just wish dorks like FGF really did find themselves a home over at tricktrack for a while and came back to Velospace after their balls dropped.

/rant
    • CommentAuthorcage
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010

Posted By: iron jaiden

I wish. Hate to be this way but this kinda goofy shit is exactly why I barely visit velospace anymore. The forum has turned into a troll's paradise by kids like FixedGearFix.
    It wasn't bad a couple years ago when we just had the occasional goofball thread but mostly just fun discussions about bike stuff and an opportunity here and there to help someone figure out how to service their headset.

I don't blame the site. It's an open forum and so long as you don't break the rules it makes sense you should be able to stay. I just wish dorks like FGF really did find themselves a home over at tricktrack for a while and came back to Velospace after their balls dropped.

/rant

*starts slow clap*
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: iron jaidenI just wish dorks like FGF really did find themselves a home over at tricktrack for a while and came back to Velospace after their balls dropped.

Well said.
    • CommentAuthorTH3JUICEMAN
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010 edited

Posted By: iron jaiden

So when an individual visits a forum dedicated to cycling, not just for track/fixed gear application, and asks a legitimate question he is labled a "Troll". Why even comment if your just gonna be a dick? You just wasted your time reinforcing the "troll"

Posted By: iron jaidenit wasn't bad a couple years ago when we just had the occasional goofball thread but mostly just fun discussions about bike stuff and an opportunity here and there to help someone figure out how to service their headset.

Then go to bikeforums.net. Sure they would love for you to include your thoughts on the random headset servicing threads.

Posted By: iron jaidencome back to Velospace after their balls dropped.

Seriously? shave your beard and lose the pink wheels and then let your balls drop kid
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: TH3JUICEMAN

So when an individual visits a forum dedicated to cycling, not just for track/fixed gear application, and asks a legitimate question he is labled a "Troll". Why even comment if your just gonna be a dick? You just wasted your time reinforcing the "troll"

herp derp, you haven't even been here long enough to see what all has been said to make him a troll.
    Dude he's been here for three hours. Clearly I've ruffled FGF's feathers enough for him (or one of his buddies) to create an alias.

*shrug* I rest my case.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.