velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

So i plan on buying a Dodici Veloce and according to the customer rep I need get a 49, which is there smallest size. But I find that a little hard to believe. I'm 5 foot 8 inches with an inseam of 30. I ride a 53cm Bianchi Pista. I was wondering if anyone who rides a Dodici can help me with sizing.
    • CommentAuthorkirke
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010 edited

I would say (and many other would too) that top tube length is a much more important factor in bike fit than seat tube length. As long as you can clear the top tube standing flat on both feet, yr good in that regard.
    If your 53cm Bianchi Pista is a comfortable fit for you then I would suggest measuring the top tube from the center of the seat tube to the center of the head tube. Take that measurement and get whatever Dodici frame is the closest. A small variation can be compensated with by stem length.

Note: Am I just bad at the internet or can no one else find the geometry for these frames anywhere on their website?
    http://www.dodicicicli.com/collections/frontpage/products/dodici-veloce-frame

To me, that is a red flag right there. Anyone selling frames like that for that much money should have easily accessible geometry tables.
    yeah i'm waiting for him to email me back a geo chart.
    • CommentAuthorBIKE NYC
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010 edited

I E-mailed him about a geo chart for the "special" frame and he got back to me in like 2 days. Here it is if anyone wants.

I see you ride a 55cm Bianchi Pista. what size super do you intend on getting?
    excuse my ignorance but what kind of measurement system are they using?
    • CommentAuthorkirke
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010

It's obviously milimeters, but yeah the chart is not even labeled.
    • CommentAuthorBIKE NYC
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010

Whitekimchee, My pista has a 52 cm seat tube and 55cm top tube so i think the best "Special" size for me would be the 57.

Kirke, The chart came to me in italian so i had to translate it
    tell those piece of shits over at dodici, to

1. put a sizing chart on their website
    an
    2. put it in english if they are going to sell to North America
    but yeah the chart is not even labeled

this is what i meant to ask
    I don't think you need to call them pieces of shit. I'm sure they have it somewhere hidden on their site, I bet.

It's NOT hard to understand. It's just metric. MM are CM if you drop the 0 at the end.
    • CommentAuthorljh
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2011

Posted By: terrible_one49I don't think you need to call them pieces of shit. I'm sure they have it somewhere hidden on their site, I bet.

It's NOT hard to understand. It's just metric. MM are CM if you drop the 0 at the end.

just the same as we "metric" using countries have to convert to feet and inches when buying other things online. it's pretty easy to figure out. use your think tanks fellas....
    It's funny that someone revived this thread as I still have not received my frame. However, I still have plenty of faith that Dodici will come through and send me a quality frame. Good things come to those that wait, I will tell let you guys know how it fits when I get it.
    Posted By: whitekimcheeIt's funny that someone revived this thread as I still have not received my frame. However, I still have plenty of faith that Dodici will come through and send me a quality frame. Good things come to those that wait, I will tell let you guys know how it fits when I get it.

Assuming you ordered it in July, you really think after 7 months that you can still get something? Daaayum.
    yeah it really has been a min. but everything is handmade and they have a small operation so I'm trying to be patient. The guy at the shop's been pretty good with email updates. Plus I know in the last few months they have been spending a lot of time trying to promote the brand.
    Posted By: whitekimcheet really has been a min. but everything is handmade and they have a small operation so I'm trying to be patient. The guy at the shop's been pretty good with email updates. Plu

Lot's in the works as far as I heard. They can't keep up with the orders at the moment and may have to change production....

How come no one wined about "slack headtube angle" or "long top tube" like they do when the name leader is dropped (same geo).
    Short headtube though.

The special really looks stunning in real life.
    Well the geo specs on the Special are slightly diff from the Veloce. The special does look really nice, I might just sell my Bianchi and get one in addition to the Veloce I ordered.

Do the Dodicis really have the same geo as Leaders?

You guys also have to understand that the U.S. is one of the most overworked country in the world. Europeans work far less, therefore someone isn't taking the extra time to work on my frame.
    • CommentAuthorWilliam3000
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2011 edited

http://www.leaderbikestore.com/pd-722ts-2010-track-frame2.cfm
    compare the 55cm.
    They don't give measuremnets for the front end, rear end and wheelbase but apart from the headtube (which makes a hughe difference) it's nearly the same.

But of course not all dodici frames have the same geo as leader bikes. Just was surprised how similar these are.
    Posted By: whitekimchee
    Do the Dodicis really have the same geo as Leaders?

You guys also have to understand that the U.S. is one of the most overworked country in the world. Europeans work far less, therefore someone isn't taking the extra time to work on my frame.

Yes italians are lazy ;)
    • CommentAuthormax5480
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2011

aww man, 7 months! What a drag. I was just about to order one, but I don't know if I could wait that long. Has anyone else ordered a Dodici frame and how long did it take? With a wait like that, I'll probably just get the 2011 Mash instead.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2011

shit, in 7 months those frames probably wont even be cool any more!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.