velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthornharri
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010

Just wondering if anyone else has been watching the carnage thats been the first few days of the tour. ive been glued to my couch til the wee hours of the morning.

I would like to see andy schleck to get up over contador. but not sure if he can get a lead let alone a big enough one for the tt.

how well do you think lance, cadel, schleck, contador, wiggins and cavendish will go thoughout?
    I'm stuck in the office for the next few days, so I can't watch it live.
    When I'm in the shop I have the chance to watch it...
    Right now I just have the "live ticker" on the web.

I don't think luck is on Lance's side this year and I was surprised that Cavendish didn't do any good on the prolog. Also I don't like Cavendish's attitude...
    I think Cancellara will stay on top....
    • CommentAuthorpeazweag
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010

yeah Cancellera looks strong.we will see when they get to the mountain stages.hes not really a climber,awesome at TTalthough.
    Yup, way too early to put any statement on who's winning...
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

I'm rooting for Contador. Very cool what he helped pulled off day before yesterday waiting for Andy Schleck to get back up. The Spaniards have always been high on my list back to Indrain (unless he was riding against Lemond that is). I'm waiting for Cavendish and a few more to get into stride. We're gonna see some real mountain goats this year. It's about time a TdF was practically built for climbers. The pave' yesterday was gruesome. Shows some true grit. Back to the basics. What could be better than that?
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

Well, no big surprises today. Status Quo for the major contenders. Supposedly the easiest stage of this years tour.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

I cannot dedicate any psychological energy to the Tour until the World Cup ends on Sunday.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010 edited

^Go SPAIN!
    • CommentAuthorlatron

Spain-Netherlands is a good match, as they've fought it out before -- and for forty years at that. The Netherlands won.
    Clearly Spain will win
    • CommentAuthorlatron

Serious grudge.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010

World Cup will (or should) be a great match up. Not so clearly Espana will triumph, but only if the whole team gets their heads in the game (no pun intended).

On the other note, Cavendish finally got his stage win and did it beautifully.

Contador in winning last year's TdF was obliged by tradition to give a watch to each of his teammates at the time. He had not been able to deliver on this until this morning before the stage where he tracked down the RadioShack bus and delivered them to all his former teammates (including Lance). He's a class act and hard to get a step up on.
    I've just started catching up. I've only watched time trials in stage 0 so far, and not even all of them. I understand there was a pileup on stage 2, though, right?
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010 edited

Yep, wreck in stage one at the middle with a dog running into the pack, then at the end. Stage 2 was wet and the stackup came in a spot where a motorcycle had crashed just before the peloton and leaked gas all over the road.

The stage 2 wreck was where Frank Schleck broke his collar bone in 3 places.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010

I watched the first day at a local bike shop, but I don't own a tv so I cant watch it.. I wish I could
    You can watch with magical internets. There's even an iPhone app.
    Posted By: deermattI watched the first day at a local bike shop, but I don't own a tv so I cant watch it.. I wish I could

Here is a link to watch the tour on eurosport. It's FREE but not HD:

http://atdhe.net/21024/watch-tour-de-france
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010 edited

Well, Mark Cavendish pulled another win today. He beat Tyler Farrar in a head to head sprint at the finish.

I'm at work so streaming isn't allowed through our firewall, but I follow via Yahoo's link to Eurosport.
    • CommentAuthornharri
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010

after watching last night, andy looked like he is on the best form for the mountains. shame about lance getting dropped after his crashes, he can't seem to be able to take a trick this year.

i would like to think cadel can win it, but bmc looks like they might struggle to get him through the pyrenees
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010 edited

Yeah, I've never been an Armstrong fan, but to watch someone "hit the wall" is painful. I saw the wreck and the pursuit effort of the 4 teammates in getting him back into position... Those boys were burned out getting him back there and I figured that he was going to have a monumental effort ahead of him because of that alone. I really wanted to see him as part of the race even though I am rooting for Contador/Astana. I would be good to have seen him ride a challenging race. They're going to all be supporting Levi now. Andy was really looking good and he was able to pull through Astana... he definately had his raceface on. Cadel is going to have his hands full if he intends to keep that jersey though. The only "team" that survived that climb together was Astana.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.