velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

panaracer pasela?
    1. Link plox ( http://www.panaracer.com/urban.php )
    2. They get dirty very easily
    3. They look good

Most people are just gonna say that they are going to get dirty very quickly, but right now I have a yellow tire on, and it is rather dirty ATM, but only on the flat part not the sidewalls, and most people only view your bike from the sidewalls.

Look pretty decent, anyways, whats the pricing on these, is there a special sale right now?
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010

I don't get the colored tire thing. Gumwall on older bikes is an exception, though.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

My unscientific research has proven that white tires make your wheels more likely to be stolen.
    My unscientific research has proven that black tires wear longer.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: Michael PerzMy unscientific research has proven that black tires wear longer.
    this, plus grip better and have less rolling resistance.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010

Now if they were reflective, they'd be usefull for commuting.. function over fad.. (oh, wrong website for that)
    • CommentAuthordanzap209
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010 edited

My unscientific opinion... I tried white tires and I couldn't feel the difference. I thought I'd feel cooler but I didn't feel that either.
    • CommentAuthorper.k
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010

My opinion is if you can get them at the price you want and you like them, get them. If not, don't. Or just do whatever you feel like.

I got a bunch for cheap so I ride one on the back
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash

I feel like you could keep them clean if you regularly cleaned their surface with very very wild bleach+water solution. This would probably wear out your tires over time. So do it if you don't ride too much.

Although, I think dirty white tires look kinda cool, in a punk rock sorta way.

Also, should point out that back when bicycles had just become commonplace a lot of people rode white tires (evidence is old bicycle tire ads).
    • CommentAuthorper.k

I just remembered that white is actually more visible than black, therefore a slight safety advantage for commuting
    • CommentAuthorpeazweag
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010

dont care
    I'm more concerned about flat protection. If Conti came out with white gatorskins I'd be all over them.
    Paselas are nice.

Nowadays, I think one can buy cheapie colored tires of all sorts. $20 bucks, like old Schwinn tires. These are not nearly as nice as the Paselas but still are durable.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.