velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthordanzap209
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2010

Does anyone have a opinion on this frame?
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

I'm looking for something my son can beat up....
    • CommentAuthorgreg

Link?
    • CommentAuthorquidose

I've never heard someone refer to themself as "my son" before.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

LOL... really I do mean my son
    • CommentAuthordanzap209

• CommentAuthorwes m.

You could almost buy a kilo for the cost of the leader frame/fork/headset. The only reason to buy a leader is because its dirt cheap in comparison to similar looking bikes. In this case its not even cheaper.
    its a leader, youre gonna get what you pay for in this case
    Posted By: wes m.You could almost buy a kilo for the cost of the leader frame/fork/headset. The only reason to buy a leader is because its dirt cheap in comparison to similar looking bikes. In this case its not even cheaper.

kilo was the answer to all of my life's problems.
    Posted By: fixed international
    Posted By: wes m.You could almost buy a kilo for the cost of the leader frame/fork/headset. The only reason to buy a leader is because its dirt cheap in comparison to similar looking bikes. In this case its not even cheaper.

kilo was the answer to all of my life's problems.

as it was to mine also
    from an aesthetic standpoint, it is a good looking frame. Plus its steel so its got to be stronger. Maybe it's the first step in the right direction for leader. Anyone actually ridden one?
    Yes i have, my friend has one in blue and he has gotten the same common problems.

The seat clamp problem, and if you just look at the dropouts, you can see they are very weak. I would not buy one for myself or definitely not my son. Especially since you are looking at a 58cm frame, i assume your son is on the taller / larger side. Which means that It would most likely take more abuse which a leader cant handle

But yes *SIGH* it does look good from an aesthetical standpoint. But as a wise man once said, looks arent everything and you get waht you pay for

If you want to buy your son something to beat around, get him a kilo. Out of the box its the best bike in its price range, and even some above it. Its 100% "beatable" and you should have no complaints
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010 edited

Can there just be a big sign on the top of the messageboard that says "No, just buy a Kilo TT"?
    Posted By: MaxThrashCan there just be a big sign on the top of the messageboard that says "No, just buy a Kilo TT"?
    s

The answer to 95% of the threads that are started.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010

What is a better deal? The Kilo tt or spend a few more bucks and get a Alien?
    what the hell is an alien?
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010

Posted By: danzap209What is a better deal? The Kilo tt or spend a few more bucks and get a Alien?

Kilo, even if alien fixed their janky dropouts.
    • CommentAuthordanzap209
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010

OK.... Kilo is the value king. What is wrong with the Kilo?
    their forks.

my friend bent his and im pretty sure mine is a little bent, the bars suck but most people change those out anyways
    Nothing wrong with my old Kilo fork, Ive sold my Kilo to my friend and he has beaten that bike up and has dents here and there but the frame is still strong the fork is still fine.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.