velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorjinxkal
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010 edited

hey there guys, Heres some info bout my self.... Hight 170cm and Inseame 29.5cm. Im looking at purchasin the frame but not sure which size shud i go for 50cm or 53cm. This is just gonna a street wondering around bike, so not for track racing. Im more concern about the stand over high of these frame. Any advise would be highly appriciated. Thanx guys.

ps: I also need to know whats the BB height of these frame from the ground. Thanx
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010

If your inseam is 29.5 inches, not centimeters, right?
    Go to your LBS and get fitted
    • CommentAuthorjinxkal
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010

Sorry yeah, my inseam is 29.5 inch...
    • CommentAuthorKid Krinkle
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited

Go with the 53. Ive got a 35 inch inseam and went with the 58. The standover seems to run on the larger side imo.
    Not to try to throw a wrench in your gears, but what are your reasons for wanting a Mash? What other frames were you looking at, and were you planning on buying one new, at cost?

Coming from someone that has a Mash, I have honestly say… I would probably check out a couple different frames first, besides the Mash. Not saying it's not a great frame, but for the price, I feel you can get something abit better and more unique. For example, if you like the "aesthetic pursuit" look of the Mash, I would probably suggest taking a look at the Dodici Special. The frame is more unique, slightly cheaper, offers custom paintjob and has slightly tighter geometry.

http://dodici.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/dodici-special-frame
    Posted By: terrible_one49Not to try to throw a wrench in your gears, but what are your reasons for wanting a Mash? What other frames were you looking at, and were you planning on buying one new, at cost?

Coming from someone that has a Mash, I have honestly say… I would probably check out a couple different frames first, besides the Mash. Not saying it's not a great frame, but for the price, I feel you can get something abit better and more unique. For example, if you like the "aesthetic pursuit" look of the Mash, I would probably suggest taking a look at the Dodici Special. The frame is more unique, slightly cheaper, offers custom paintjob and has slightly tighter geometry.

http://dodici.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/dodici-special-frame

Soooo nice you dont see these often and looks way better than the MASH IMO, everyone has a MASH these days and I get tired of seeing them
    One thing I really dislike about my MASH, which is mainly only a concern for those who ride track, is that the rear end is about 2" longer than all other track frames I've ridden (with the wheels jammed up as close as possible to seattube) and the distance between bottom bracket and front wheel axle is abit over 1" longer than my old Concept and T1. This extra length makes it more difficult to handle smoothly around the sharp banks of the track.

I feel that Cinelli knows this issue, and that is why they are creating the new "track" geometry Mash for 2011. They will keep the original, more relaxed geometry Mash as their "Street" model.

However, I feel the Dodici already address this issue, by having the bent seat tube, and steeper front end.

And just so people know, the Mash is NOT an aggressive "pursuit" style frame. It's actually fairly more relaxed, compared to some dedicated track frames. The sloping top tube is just an "aesthetic pursuit" geometry, meaning the headtube is no lower than any other frame, but rather the seat tube is longer, so less seatpost shows.
    Although this looks cool, it's actually not what's desirable on a track frame. Notice the "compact geometry" on most modern road frames? The reason for that is because tighter triangles, and shorter seat tube makes for a slightly stiffer bottom bracket, however it's at the expense of having a longer seatpost. A longer seatpost, which would have more flex, has been proven to not affect power transfer, but rather is closer related to absorbing more road vibration and comfort (which is good, because it puts less strain on the rider). Now... a longer seattube, like that on the Mash, will be the opposite. It will have a slightly less stiff bottom bracket area, and a stiffer seatpost, since less is showing, thus making a rougher ride with more flex in the bottom bracket region (which is what nearly ALL track riders don't want in a frame!) However, Cinelli has of course beefed up the tubing and thickness in the area to take this matter into concern, I'm sure.
    • CommentAuthorjinxkal
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010

Cheeers for the info.. damn those Dodici are pretty hot...
    • CommentAuthoryobaby
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010

i think i need to build a dodici now (as well as my mash - which i still think is an awesome bike )
    Haha, Yeah. I would surely swap my MASH for a Dodici Special, for sure.

Here is a sexy black/blue one I saw online. The red is nice too.
    • CommentAuthorBIKE NYC
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010

hey terrible, you pretty much sold me on the dodici special. It's funny, in almost every thread about frame questions, there's you suggesting this frame. lol. really good call though. I'm probably going to get that black/blue one. You thinking about one for yourself? probably not, considering that cervelo you just built huh?
    Posted By: BIKE NYChey terrible, you pretty much sold me on the dodici special. It's funny, in almost every thread about frame questions, there's you suggesting this frame. lol. really good call though. I'm probably going to get that black/blue one. You thinking about one for yourself? probably not, considering that cervelo you just built huh?

yea i was considering emailing dodici and telling them to pay T1 some referral fee's lol
    Haha. I have no affiliation with Dodici, I swear. I've just seen one in person, and it was a stunning frame, and I think with all these people wanting Mash's and pursuit style frames… it's the perfect solution. They are also such a small company, I feel they deserve to get some recognition here in the USA and elsewhere.

Maybe at some point I will sell my Mash and get a Special, but don't have time to do that now.
    Posted By: terrible_one49Haha. I have no affiliation with Dodici, I swear. I've just seen one in person, and it was a stunning frame, and I think with all these people wanting Mash's and pursuit style frames… it's the perfect solution. They are also such a small company, I feel they deserve to get some recognition here in the USA and elsewhere.

Maybe at some point I will sell my Mash and get a Special, but don't have time to do that now.

are the frame weights and materials comparable?
    Yeah, I'm sure. It's a lightweight, super stiff, aluminum track frame. I'm sure it's around 1,500g with a carbon fork.
    • CommentAuthorirman
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010

sold off my mash for a dodici. best decision i ever made. :)
    You get the DODICI yet? You should post pictures and write a review with a Build Thread.
    • CommentAuthorper.k
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010

^^ yea definitely would like to see that, if I didn't have my GTB I would be in line for a Special too, that thing is HOT and REASONABLY PRICED! :D

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.