velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

so i am finally going to fork over the money for a fu manchu so i can get dem bahh spinzz.

got a quick q for yall.

Does the headtube size on your bike effect what forks you put in? for example, if you want to change fork sizes ie 1" to 1-1/8" do you need a whole new frame or just a new headset?

thanks in advance
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010

no one cares.
    troll
    • CommentAuthormeatroll
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010

inb4 the inevitable sincere response
    Best responses ever
    Jesus Christ.
    You CANNOT put that fork on your Kilo TT frame. Your frame has 1" headtube, so you cannot fit a 1 1/8" steerer tube into it.

Stop being a complete moron for christ sakes.
    • CommentAuthorheadphone

actually, you can. you'd need a negative shim. ben's cycles sell them.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: headphoneactually, you can. you'd need a negative shim. ben's cycles sell them.

Don't u need one of dem reverse headsets also?
    Posted By: headphoneactually, you can. you'd need a negative shim. ben's cycles sell them.

A shim that REMOVES metal from the inside of your headtube so you can fit a LARGER DIAMETER tube into a SMALLER DIAMETER tube? Yeah.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: terrible_one49A shim that REMOVES metal from the inside of your headtube so you can fit a LARGER DIAMETER tube into a SMALLER DIAMETER tube? Yeah.

It's really a black hole.
    Posted By: terrible_one49You CANNOT put that fork on your Kilo TT frame. Your frame has 1" headtube, so you cannot fit a 1 1/8" steerer tube into it.

Stop being a complete moron for christ sakes.

soz not trying to be a moron but thank you for answering my question even if it was a little mean

does it guarantee bar spins?
    • CommentAuthorheadphone

Posted By: veggie

Don't u need one of dem reverse headsets also?

yes. a reverse headset (aka polish threading) would be necessary...along with the negative shim. this will guarantee bar spins.
    BUR SPINZZZ ARE GURENTEED BRAAA!
    he told me he was being serious lol. He se4riously wants to know if fu manchu forks can bar spin 700c on a kilo tt, if you don't at least help him out that's fucked up. half you flamers in here are probably just trying to get fucking post counts or get attention or some shit, so why don't you knock it the fuck off and answer his damn quiestion
    Posted By: terrible_one49BUR SPINZZZ ARE GURENTEED BRAAA!

lulz add 3 of those head tube extenders with the negative shims for tehh maximum BUR SPINZZ
    • CommentAuthorJesus
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010

Posted By: terrible_one49Jesus Christ.

Yeah?
    Posted By: Jesus

Yeah?

About time you show up! Where you been on these years? We all just figured you fucked off many years ago when this world started turning to shit. Everyone said you would come back… I just did not think it would be online, when you finally did.
    • CommentAuthortypeDvorak

much less in this humble bike forum.
    • CommentAuthorJesus

Posted By: terrible_one49
    Posted By: Jesus

Yeah?

About time you show up! Where you been on these years? We all just figured you fucked off many years ago when this world started turning to shit. Everyone said you would come back… I just did not think it would be online, when you finally did.

Hey man Jesus gets busy at times to ya know. Cut a guy some slack.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.