velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorzmill12
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010

eaglerock & rabbi you're both right, but rabbi you described more of what i'm looking for. when i said to "fit a lock" i did mean for an external slot for it, not to put the lock inside the actual bag. but i definitely appreciate the info both of you offered!
    • CommentAuthorScrodzilla
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011

• CommentAuthormuckymucky
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011

nice plug scrod, nice plug!
    +1
    • CommentAuthorstalag13

I use a Chrome hip bags, one of the older one's that has a small metal buckle on the flap, like their bags. It's longer & deeper than wide, which seems to be the more common construction these days for hip pouches. I dig it a lot, but they're hard to find nowadays.

this is what I can fit in it:

Multi-tool
    patchkit
    tire levers
    2 batteries
    2 CO2 cartridges & inflator
    2 adjustable wrenches
    2 spare tubes
    pen
    marker
    phone
    U-lock

it has a ring for keys, so I guess I could put my keys on it too, but I got a lot of keys. It never slides around, feels pretty securely strapped to my body.
    • CommentAuthorKevint143

http://bagaboo.hu/hunch-hip-pouch/

I have the smaller one and it is wonderful
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: stalag13It's longer & deeper than wide, which seems to be the more common construction these days for hip pouches.

That's the format on my Victorinox, that I mention above. I sometimes wear it as a hip bag, rotating the strap horizontally and placing the bag in the small of my back, when the panniers are stuffed with groceries. But my preference is to have no bags attached to my bod, if I can attach them directly to the bike.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

You guys and your fanny packs.
    • CommentAuthorKevint143

hey sometimes it's nice. I usually use it as a tool pouch in my main bag tho
    • CommentAuthorbobfike
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2011

When it comes to bags, I always look to my local army surplus store. I've got a couple hip bags from such places that I use mostly for touring, but they work just as well for day-to-day, I'm sure. Solid stitching and low, LOW prices!

Here's the question, though: How do you feel about olive drab?
    Fizik Saddle Bag.

A small night time purse from Macys.

zip lock bag ( size large ) with some duct tape and wrap it around the seatpost.

Chrome Hip Bag

Front fender with a Basket on the front wheel. ( Great Way to go ! Especially on fixed gears )
    • CommentAuthorheadphone
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011

the best bag is the kind that attaches to your bike, not your body.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011

Posted By: headphonethe best bag is the kind that attaches to your bike, not your body.

+1

I was just about to come in and say saddlebag
    I onnce wanted a Archies Grobags "Rosie" as it seems to be the best organized hip bag in a decent size ever. check: http://www.pedalconsumption.com/archives/2009/files/archies_grobags_rosie_hip_pouch.html
    But honestly I don't need a hip bag.
    • CommentAuthorstalag13
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2011

Posted By: William3000I onnce wanted a Archies Grobags "Rosie" as it seems to be the best organized hip bag in a decent size ever. check:http://www.pedalconsumption.com/archives/2009/files/archies_grobags_rosie_hip_pouch.html
    But honestly I don't need a hip bag.

I emailed that guy once about his hip pouch. never bought one, but the guy was incredibly polite and thoughtful. he even informed that with shipping to the US, it might more cost effective for me to purchase a domestically carried hip pouch. too bad, looks like he's not making them anymore.
    He is active on the london fixed gear and singlespeed fourm. He also made super nice courioer bags and was always improvinbg and inventing new bags..
    I guess he is still active if you mail him. For me his take on the hip pouch is the best so far.
    velo city bags makes the bombest hip bag that carries a U-lock and has room for a few other things like cell phone and candybar. All their bags are awesome. check out velocitybags.com
    I don't get why everyone keeps suggesting a small backpack. That's not the point of this thread. I I have a medium chrome roll top backpack that holds my lock, engineering textbooks, and tools just fine. But sometimes I wanna ride to a party across town with just my lock, wrench, spare tube, levers, portable pump, and patch kit. I don't like putting all of that in the back pocket of my Cadence jacket.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2012

wut.

A small backpack sounds perfect for what you just described.

You obviously didn't get very far in the thread...
    Whenever I ride with a backpack across town, I get wet on my back and under the straps. I don't want to carry anything on my back at all.
    then get a rack, a bag for that rack, and suddenly, no more carrying things on your back.

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.