velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

I found out I will be getting a Visp track frame as gift! YAY FREE FRAME! Frame was ordered last night and should be expected to be arriving at my door some point next week. I will post photos from when I receive the frame from box to complete.

For the mean time I would like to hear from people who own Visp track frames and hear what they think about the bike. Ive searched the forums and I haven't found the anything that I want. I will also have a little review of the bike and how it rides and everything once built up.

Pictures to come soon...
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010

Cheaper than a leader...
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

Posted By: the rabbiCheaper than a leader...

+1 . From what I hear, their QC is a notch below leader
    You get what you pay for, I didnt pay nothing ;]
    • CommentAuthordas_pyrate

they iz heavy
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: bensonisajewYou get what you pay for, I didnt pay nothing ;]
    double negative implies you did pay something. you didn't pay anything.
    Yeah but these answers is what im not looking for and is pretty much the same from other posts, I want to hear from people who actually have experience from these frames and what they think.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010

From that seems like owners are pretty happy with it.
    The parts I am most likely gonna be using:

Velocity Deep V laced to 90's Dura Ace hubs
    Sugino Messengers
    Thomson Elite seat post
    Thomson Elite stem
    San Marco Regal (maybe a Turbo)
    Nitto B123/ Generic Risers
    • CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010

I think the joy of these forums is the wealth of knowledge that comes along with the many members who have been riding bikes for a number of years. More often than not they know what they're talking about. Especially with the influx of people going fixed and having to deal with all sorts of questions about frames and parts(I'm fairly new and appreciate the insight of some of the members). I've seen countless people ignore good advice and I'm sure it has come back to bite them. A free piece of trash(not saying the visp is trash because I don't know much about the frame) is never gonna be better than saving for a worthwhile gem. No matter how nice the parts you put on it are. If people are saying its worse than a leader than there's probly a reason for that.
    Posted By: deermatt+1 . From what I hear, their QC is a notch below leader
    who says this? i've been fine and there hasn't been track end or wheel cut out problems.
    grind the track ends a bit for the axle to fit.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Posted By: lickedwicked there hasn't been track end or wheel cut out problems.

Posted By: lickedwickedgrind the track ends a bit for the axle to fit.

Posted By: lickedwickedthe long track ends and wheel cut outs provide maximum advantage when using a 650 wheel since you can push it all the way back in the track end. but a 700 wheel with tire pumped, the closest the track end will allow is the axle to utilize sections only after the first hex screw on the track end cover..

Um, ok.
    • CommentAuthorBamfs01
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010 edited

LOL yeah.

So anyway. You're putting good parts on it and can always upgrade the frameset later if you want to.
    the cut outs don' t wrap around the side of the wheels as i expected. even with 650 rear. i thought a wheel cut out should.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

Posted By: lickedwickedthe cut outs don' t wrap around the side of the wheels as i expected. even with 650 rear. i thought a wheel cut out should.

please stop .
    LW so no real problems with your frame right? I got the one that looks like the Leader 725
    welcome back LW
    I missed my package I gotta pick it up tomorrow :(

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.