velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Posted By: deermatt
    Posted By: lickedwickedthe cut outs don' t wrap around the side of the wheels as i expected. even with 650 rear. i thought a wheel cut out should.

please stop .
    actually this guy is right. don't listen to me, i don't know what i'm talking about. even though i have the frame. it's a crap bike just like this guy says and

Posted By: deermatt+1 . From what I hear, their QC is a notch below leader
    . he hear's it correctly. don't buy it if you haven't already.
    Gonna go to the Post Office to pick up the frame.
    Photos soon
    So I finally have it

Alot of bubble wrap!

So far not bad looking the welds arent too attractive but beefy

Purple Wheels
    I should have gotten the 55cm, I fit 53cm great but these are tiny!
    Posted By: lickedwickedgrind the track ends a bit for the axle to fit.

My axel slid into the track ends buttery
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2010

Posted By: bensonisajewI should have gotten the 55cm, I fit 53cm great but these are tiny!

53cm c-t? What's the c-c seat tube measurement?
    C-C is approx 49
    I got the bike up in running ill post photos soon. It fits good now that I got the seat on it
    • CommentAuthorJTPbedank

def wanna know how this is treating you because im torn if i should order or not. btw what model did you get? the newest one?
    On the first ride today the bike is really stiff and responsive. The guy at my LBS was impressed with the fillings inside the frame. So far I am pretty happy with how this bike came out, only janky part was that a 27.2 seatpost does not fit snug in the frame so I put a shim and works fine.

And yes this is the newest model so far
    • CommentAuthorquidose

How do you mean you got this for free? Did someone you know buy it for you?
    It was a graduation gift from one of my fathers close friend.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

That's very nice. Glad to hear you're happy with it so far.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: bensonisajewIt was a graduation gift from one of my fathers close friend.

My dad got me my Rush :D
    Thanks! the frame really is great for what it cost stiff and handles great. Only problem was not being able to use a 27.2 seatpost without some sort of shim.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

So... is this the exact same frame that leader orders? Just wondering because seat tube clamping issues arent all that common on new bikes.
    Well like last person said about clamping tight without the seatpost I tried that and it did not work so there was always that little room when its installed

Let me know what you guys think
    it's not the same since the Leader 725's track ends narrow down to a corner.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.