velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorjayohachen
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010

The only thing that I absolutely hate about this build is that it's not mine. Although, your old Umezawa WAS my favorite on velospace.
    • CommentAuthorgreg

• CommentAuthordeermatt

Cool, thanks Greg! I don't use Twitter, but do you put up a bike on the velospace Twitter each day?

One thing I forgot to write in the description , the seat tube and the downtube progressively get bigger towards the bb shell. The chainstays where they meet the bb shell are larger than average, all in all making everything really stiff.
    • CommentAuthorgreg

Posted By: deermattCool, thanks Greg! I don't use Twitter, but do you put up a bike on the velospace Twitter each day?

One thing I forgot to write in the description , the seat tube and the downtube progressively get bigger towards the bb shell. The chainstays where they meet the bb shell are larger than average, all in all making everything really stiff.

Yes - check the velospace front page, the "Featured Bikes" section in the middle are the bikes of the day which are posted on Twitter and cross-linked to the "Featured Bikes" panel.
    • CommentAuthorKaleo
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010

Nothing like custom made bike, and your bike Sir, is certainly a beauty. Classic black and clean, the only thing I must admit I was disappointed with was the fork, I guess I was expecting to see some beautiful flat crowned fork to complement those lovely lugs. Can't tell if it's carbon fiber or steel?
    Hmm your lugs are really similar to my Samson's by Harada San. I am pretty sure he designed those lugs and you have adapted them beautifully into your Track Frame. Congrats on the new whip and god speed...
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010

Posted By: KaleoNothing like custom made bike, and your bike Sir, is certainly a beauty. Classic black and clean, the only thing I must admit I was disappointed with was the fork, I guess I was expecting to see some beautiful flat crowned fork to complement those lovely lugs. Can't tell if it's carbon fiber or steel?

The fork us full carbon , including the steerer tube. I wanted this to be modern, yet still lugged steel . The fork is very stiff, yet carbon has shock absorption properties , and saved at least 1lb off the front . The fork is only 333 grams with the uncut steerer , around 290g cut.

Posted By: kleansupremeHmm your lugs are really similar to my Samson's by Harada San. I am pretty sure he designed those lugs and you have adapted them beautifully into your Track Frame. Congrats on the new whip and god speed...

I think the lugs are my frame are Henry James lugs , maybe similar to the ones on your Samson , but I dont think theyre exactly the same . Bishop also filed them down and manipulated them, so they dont look as they did originally.
    • CommentAuthorjohnboysays
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010 edited

Bars and tape look awesome.

Hub is un-fucking-real.
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010

These hubs have been around since the 7-11 era.
    I don't understand. They look too cool either way.
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010

There's not much to understand. You're right, they do look cool, but the design has also been used for over 20 years. It's nothing new or revolutionary.
    • CommentAuthorJohnny B
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010

Nice bike, but you sir, are a vain jackass.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: Johnny Bvain jackass.

ouch
    • CommentAuthorgreg

Posted By: Johnny BNice bike, but you sir, are a vain jackass.

Time out for you.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

hahaha , greg you're awesome .
    You've had some proper builds in the past and this one for sure tops them all. Which track to you go to with this?
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010

lehigh valley (t-town ) in PA
    That, sir, is a beautiful steed.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010

thank you mr.d.balmer
    • CommentAuthorJbherlihy
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010

Gorgeous.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.