velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorzmill12
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010

is it really amazing or all hype? i need a saddle that doesn't make my buttcheeks want to fall off after a long ride. i'm going to burn this piece of shit Velo saddle as soon as i get a new one haha.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010 edited

Its all personal preference. If anyone tells you they can tell you whether or not a saddle will be comfy for you they are a liar.
    • CommentAuthorzmill12

yeah, true. i guess it's hard to tell someone whether they'll love or hate a saddle. i'm just thinking if more people say it's comfortable than not, it should be a safe choice.
    I rode the Arione for a year and it was decent, not amazing. Then I switched to the Fizik Ares, and prefer that more. Slightly shorter, wider rear end and more nose padding.
    • CommentAuthorBamfs01

I have one. I'm thinking of switching it out for a saddle with the cut out in the middle. Using the Arione on the track feels like a midget's been punching me in the chode for an hour.
    • CommentAuthorzmill12

hahahaa understandable. i'll be using it for road use, so i'm guessing there's no harm in trying it out at least.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

most nicer road shops have a fizik demo program where you can ride fizik's different saddles.
    • CommentAuthorzmill12

oh nice, i'll definitely check that out.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

try out the aliante, its supposed to be the most comfortable, albeit not lightest, saddle fizik makes for everyday road riding.

http://reviews.roadbikereview.com/blog/fizik-aliante-carbon-twin-flex-pro-review/

http://reviews.roadbikereview.com/blog/fizik-ares-time-trial-saddle-pro-review/
    • CommentAuthorMKE_BIKE

Posted By: the rabbiq

Posted By: zmill12oh nice, i'll definitely check that out.

Benscycle.net does it
    • CommentAuthorzmill12

thanks mancha, i'll definitely keep that one in mind as well... that might actually win me over because it seems super comfy and i'm not as concerned about weight as i am about comfort.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

that review for the fizik antares sounds really good . The SLR didnt work for me , and as much as I love my concor comfort , it makes everything go numb if I ride for 20+ miles .
    I ride a Fizik Arione, it's pretty good. I did 50 miles one time, I didn't find myself needing to pull over!! Me and a group of friends are planning a bike ride from Milwaukee to Chicago at the end of this month, so I really must believe in this saddle!!
    • CommentAuthorRasmus
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010

I ride the Fizik Pave HP, a bit more padding makes all the difference.
    • CommentAuthorbdawe
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010

I'm riding an ugly orange antares test saddle that I got before anyone tried it out. I like it a lot. It feels flat and firm in a good way. My one complaint is that I've managed to rub the upholstery (thin cheap leather or faux stuff?) off of the very nose of the horn. Must be the inside of my thighs rubbing it. I also went down earlier this year and rubbed off the left side. The saddle is less than 6 months old and it looks like I've been riding it for years.
    I test rode the arione and I thought my ass was going to fall off. I got about three miles from the shop before I had to turn around and give it back. I stood almost the whole way there.
    Moral of this story: take it for a test ride before you buy it because you may love it or you may hate it with the white hot intensity of a million burning suns.
    • CommentAuthorKaleo
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010

Posted By: proudxvxyouthMoral of this story: take it for a test ride before you buy it because you may love it or you may hate it with the white hot intensity of a million burning suns.

True dat, especially with the cost of some these saddles. Unfortunately, if you're not near a bike shop that will let you test before you buy, you may be out of luck. I guess it like buying shoes, it gotta fit right or you'll be sorry. I have Fizik Gobi on my road bike, and it great, I don't even know it's there, how a great saddle should be. I've ridden my share of saddles from Selle San Marco Rolls (these were on every bike in the 80's) to Selle Italia's and this Gobi is for me the best...

I've been wanting to try the Selle Italia Gel Max Flite or SLR, but these are pricey saddles

• CommentAuthorMKE_BIKE
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010

i rode a gobi xm and really enjoyed it also just wanted something a little more padded so i have a specialized bg one i got for $20 or something that i let a friend barrow and the broke it in so its real nice right now. I would also like to try the selle itala max flite
    • CommentAuthorbillysan
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2010

I personally count get on with a standard arione, but I have the arione tri2 on 2 of my bikes including my track bike. The extra padding does tip the ballance when using an agressive position on it it seems. Cant comment on the aliante, but have a nisenne and gobi on my mtb's and rate both of them highly as well.

As said by others here though, there is no substitute to testing some out. I bought a flight SLR with the hole in after reading the rave reviews it was getting. I hated it from the off, and it just got worse for the following 5 miles I gave it.
    Heh, I just switched to an Aliante sold my Flite Gel Flow. Haven't gotten the chance to try it out yet though.

The Flite Gel Flow's 130mm width was just too damn narrow for me, I think. I could never find the sweet spot on it.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.