velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

DUDE, please, this is getting kind of annoying so since most of us have already given it to you straight, im gonna say it again.

1. GET A KILO

2. DONT TRY AND BUILD ANYTHING UP YET

3. CL WILL RIP YOU OFF UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING, and also stop posting all the bike ads on here

4. LEADERS ARE SHIT

if you really want to get a CL bike, make sure you have a friend who is knowledgeable to look at each bike with you online, and then if you find one have him come with you. Otherwise you will clearly just make a stupid purchase. If you dont have any friends that ride and are knowledgeable, go to a bike kitchen co op etc...
    mm, arright then. Ahaha my bad. =P
    Posted By: FixedGearFixDUDE, please, this is getting kind of annoying so since most of us have already given it to you straight, im gonna say it again.

1. GET A KILO

3. CL WILL RIP YOU OFF UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING, and also stop posting all the bike ads on here

4. LEADERS ARE SHIT

if you really want to get a CL bike, make sure you have a friend who is knowledgeable to look at each bike with you online, and then if you find one have him come with you. Otherwise you will clearly just make a stupid purchase. If you dont have any friends that ride and are knowledgeable, go to a bike kitchen co op etc...

I came here to find bike guru's btw, not dicks.

Im going to buy a complete set and start off from there but what material of the frame is usually durable with tricking?
    Sorry if i am coming off a little too strong,

We have three words of advice for people who are new to fixed gear, "get a kilo". If you search for all posts that have the exact phrase in it, i bet there will be tons. People all the time come in here, and ask us what to get and i bet you that 9 out of 10 people on this forum will say "get a kilo" Its a great bike and there are many threads describing why.

If you want it in a nut shell i will just go into it real quick:

Reynolds 520 Steel tubing, made from from Custom Butted, Multishaped and tapered 4130 Chromoly. (very important)
    Lugged Fork (very important)
    Good (well not good but decent) wheelset for thrashing on. (there is a thread here about the kilo wheelset and about how its cheap and a hell of a wheelset)
    Truvativ Cranks, and BB (maybe HS too lazy to look)
    Posted By: steezylistic
    Posted By: FixedGearFixDUDE, please, this is getting kind of annoying so since most of us have already given it to you straight, im gonna say it again.

1. GET A KILO

4. LEADERS ARE SHIT

I came here to find bike guru's btw, not dicks.

Im going to buy a complete set and start off from there but what material of the frame is usually durable with tricking?

Just don't get aluminum
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2010

Sometimes I think someone is being a dick then a few f ups later I realize that I was too dumb to take the good advice they were giving me.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.