velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

It seems like all my friends have nicer bikes than me now one guy has a pista and the other two just got new leaders, one got the TRK frame for $400 and the other got another leader its the one with the weird drop outs for $250 including a trick fork. And my other friend is getting the big block frameset, is it time to upgrade my kilo to something else to keep up with my richer than me hipster friend?
    Does it matter?
    • CommentAuthorkwikemart
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010

it appears you dont have your kilo posted so we wouldnt know it
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

Is this a serious question ? If it is, you're bike , dare I say it , is not a fashion accessory . Ride it until you feel some of the parts may be holding you back , who cares what they have.
    Posted By: kwikemartit appears you dont have your kilo posted so we wouldnt know it

dont have a camera, but its basically a bone stock kilo with some new pedals and bars

Posted By: deermattyou're bike.

incorrect grammar there should be no '
    TRICKonmyTRACK via his threadIm sorry if i was a bad person, i will work on it, plus im not gonna post soo many threads. Thanks if you could still be nice that would be cool too

You're not keeping up your end of the bargain.
    Posted By: TRICKonmyTRACK

dont have a camera, but its basically a bone stock kilo with some new pedals and bars

That's a better setup than anything involving a leader. I think you win.
    A comment from Prollys blog

LOL
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Incorrect grammar; there should be some punctuation.

Incorrect word: There is no such word as "Youre". The correct word, for both of you, is "your".

We now return you to the navel-examining self-rationalizing discussion, already in progress.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

Seriously folks, have we not learned that every thread created by this character (whom I still assume is lickedwicked) is simply baiting for attention? C'mon now, I get it... the questions are stupid, but do they really merit a response? Don't make velospace suck by continuously feeding the same troll, over and over and over...
    Posted By: bensonisajewA comment from Prollys blog

Prolly ≠ Probably either. And "Prollys" (Probablys) should have an apostrophe before the s.
    It's always time to upgrade until you are riding a full campy or dura ace set(if that's what your into). The question is do you have the money to upgrade?
    Prolly's
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

^that is bullshit.
    haha. which part? this entire thread wreaks of it.
    honestly, the only real reason to get a new bike, (unless its a different type of bike, like mountain instead of bmx) is when something breaks as far as i'm concerned. I cant think of any other reason to buy something new.
    • CommentAuthordeermatt

Posted By: eaglerock

Incorrect grammar; there should be some punctuation.

Incorrectword: There is no such word as "Youre". The correct word, for both of you, is "your".

We now return you to the navel-examining self-rationalizing discussion, already in progress.

Yes, I should have written your instead of you're in that case, but what are you talking about ? "your" is not always correct . When it would be "you are" you write "you're"

read this http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your . Are you saying that the word "doesn't " isnt a word either ?
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010 edited

Posted By: deermattbut what are you talking about ? "your" is not always correct

I didn't say "your" was always correct. I said "your" was the correct word in both your usage:

and in TomT's criticism of your usage, which I interpreted to be a challenge of you're by forming a nonexistant word. In the original possessive context, "your" is correct. Whether "you are/you're" is correct in other contexts is not a point I dispute; but it's utterly irrelevant to this discussion. You used the term "you are" as if it meant the same thing as possession, which it doesn't; TomT used "youre" as if it was a word, which it isn't.

See? I know how contractions work.

Time to stand down, little man. I was waging and winning grammatical pissing matches 20 years before you were born.
    • CommentAuthorAaron C

eaglerock, i love you.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.