velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorkodi
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011

mine came in today. i'm a girl so i know nothing about bikes, i just got one because i really really wanted one. so its set up and ready and i dont feel anything wrong with it.. my dad wouldnt let me return it so yeah. any changes i should make?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Ride it till shit breaks
    • CommentAuthorkodi

lol okay good enough
    • CommentAuthoradrian13346
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011 edited

Posted By: kodii'm a girl
    • CommentAuthorkodi

hahahaha! i am also lesbian
    • CommentAuthorShaku

Posted By: kodihahahaha! i am also lesbian

Thats what they all say until they meet me ;) lol (kidding)

Enjoy the new bike!

Just be warned, the path of upgrading any bike will lead to the rapid decrease in bank account funds

(although in the end is worth every penny as you can just swap them to a nicer frame when you feel like it)
    • CommentAuthorkodi

thank youuuu for the advice c:

Cool story bro
    • CommentAuthorChris V
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011

Posted By: bensonisajew

Cool story bro

This made my day (it was horrible)
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011 edited

Ugh, I'm starting to see how mikey was right
    • CommentAuthorsoukietron
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011 edited

Posted By: ShakuJust be warned, the path of upgrading any bike will lead to the rapid decrease in bank account funds

THE GAT DAMN TROOF.

I'm supposed to be saving up money to start playing drums again but this whole bicycle thing is fucking me sideways.
    Republic Bikes (Aristotle) is a commonly found mashing frame. (I have one) It is not heavy, and it actually on the light side. Here are some specs:

***These following are stock***

- Sugino 44t Cranks

- 700c * 23c racing tires

- Aluminum rims laced to formula/assess hubs

- Toe Clips with platform plastic pedals

- decent bottom bracket that will last for a pretty long time

- ETC.

These bikes are NOT for tricking, because I know a friend who has SNAPPED the dropout on a 2-stair. So if you're gonna trick, get a Volume Thrasher complete. If your gonna mash, Republic isn't a bad choice - it's light weight, and it comes with most parts that are for racing.

If you're going to hardcore-mash, I suggest you get something else like Cinelli or Bianchi. If you're just commuting around town than a Republic is fine.

If you want a nice mashing bike with Republic, just put on some drop bars, new pedals, and new straps (toeclips are fine)
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2012

Well wasn't that cute.
    lol soz
    Mashing bike?
    • CommentAuthorkstang

I think someone once told me, "Never trust a bike that has more color options than component options".

Republic Bikes are also sold on Urban Outfitters' website and they're basically just another accessory aimed at the cheap & trendy demographic.

I don't know though... I just feel like if you really enjoy biking, you'll be better off making an investment on a decent bike...

#where2copmashingbikez
    • CommentAuthorNash
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2012 edited

Posted By: gregIf it is hi-ten steel go to your local Performance Bikes and pick up a SE Lager or SE Draft - they weigh about 40 pounds

I actually bought a Lager last year when I was out on tour. I bought it strictly as a beater that I didnt care about getting torn up on the road. Much to my amazement, I actually enjoy the damn thing. I figured it was going to be a complete p.o.s. Shockingly, I am happy with the buy, especially for only spending $250 on a complete bike. It does have shit components and gaudy anodized everything but those shit components have held up to my 200lb self riding the hell out of it. It is smooth, quiet and comfortable. For what I use it for (city riding, bar cruising, etc.) I would take it all day long over some ridiculous Mash or other overpriced Taiwanese gimmick, which will never ever see a drome anyways. As far as the weight of the bike goes, its a non issue for me its not a weight weenie ride. It might weigh 5lbs more than some of my other bikes but who cares. Hell, I did a century on it this past tuesday and it was a pleasure to ride.

edit: I forgot to mention that it comes with a bottle opener between the saddle rails. I was sadly disappointed to find out that it did not come with one of these
    • CommentAuthorkstang

Sounds like I need an upgrade to a Lager. Bottle opener in the saddle rails? Sold.
    • CommentAuthorNash
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2012 edited

A trinket I only used once. Ditched the saddle and seat post right away
    • CommentAuthorayyyyy

Posted By: telephonedude98mashing tricking trick mash hardcore-mash mashing

SHUT UP

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.