velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010 edited

For the second year velospace and the Illini 4000 are partnering up to help support their admirable project.

velospace is sponsoring a great cause this summer and so should you: the Illini 4000 for Cancer.

The Illini 4000 for Cancer is a bike ride across America from New York City to San Francisco to raise money and awareness of cancer issues and cancer's effects on our lives. Every summer a group of University of Illinois students band together and ride their bikes for 4,000 miles from coast-to-coast in support of this cause through many towns and cities - maybe yours.

The Illini 4000's mission:
    The Illini 4000 is a non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against cancer, the support of those affected by cancer, and the documentation of how cancer impacts the lives of Americans. Through our annual cross-country bike ride, we reach out to new communities and new individuals each year spreading our message of hope and awareness. As long as cancer remains an issue of public health, as long as cancer affects daily life, and so long as cancer takes its toll, we shall continue our fight.

Interested in helping? Pitch in one of three ways:
    1. Donate money
    2. Host the riders when they are in your town
    3. Sponsor the ride

velospace and the Illini 4000 will be working together this summer to support this great cause. Riders will be chiming in on velospace as the ride progresses give us updates and take part in the velospace community.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010

This sounds great greg. I have a bunch of friends still in champaign-urbana after finishing up school, so I will pass this information along to them to get some more sponsors and who knows, maybe one of them is involved. Wish I was around in the illest noise! I miss my home!
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2010

Awesome, thanks for helping out
    Thanks so much for all your support, Greg!

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.