velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Ok so the other day me and wyatt183 were riding, and he got a flat from skidding down this huge hill, after walk back to his house, we patched it, and decided to go to the bike shop to buy a new tube and tire...

everything seemed to be going fine, but then he blew out his flat again. so we were left with minimal tools, but luckily he had his wrench...

First things first, we used our fingers and some twigs to take the tire off, the we had no patch kit so heres what we used.

GET THIS we used a flower (dandelion to be specific), 2.75 blades of grass, and tree bark that we cut with his pocket knife. Im sure i don't need to go into details about how it was done after that, but is that just the most GHETTO patch ever made or have you done one with less??
    Here is an easier way if you dont got tools

...................... "Wow, that sure sounds made up."

Dude, throw a folded up dollar in between the tube and the tire where it is beginning to wear out, then replace the tire.
    its not i have pictures of us doing it, i would be able to put them up if my dang phone would cooperate with me
    ............................ And you're sure the pictures aren't of you two eating some acid and hallucinating the whole thing?
    • CommentAuthorVama
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010

what were those things they had back in the early 90's where you stare at a picture until like a boat or whatever shows up? I'm thinking along those lines.
    Haaaa. Yeah, I hated those fucking things.
    hey man drug free remember
    • CommentAuthorride slow
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010

oh goodness, i took this seriously till i read who it was by.
    God damn
    • CommentAuthorVama
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010

when I saw the thread title I actually thought about my favorite (cloth) patch that's on my messenger bag... the girl I was seeing at the time and I were hanging out in dolores park last summer and we had some inside joke about dinosaurs versus robots, and some dude was hitchhiking across the country with a portable sewing machine making embroidered patches. anyway, so long story short, he made us a dinosaur vs. robot patch. very good patch.
    This is BY FAR the most stupid and just absolutely retarded post EVER created.

Are you the spawn of LickedWicked?
    • CommentAuthorride slow

He's like a lickedwicked, that doesn't actually want to know anything
    The mutant, retarded spawn of LickedWicked.

There are just WAY to many similarities between the two, it's scary.
    • CommentAuthorride slow

It's like he went out of his way to study LW and re-post everything in different words
    Now he just needs to have a mental breakdown to complete the picture
    • CommentAuthorSL wheeler
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010 edited

I sorta figured he was a LW mutant spawn when he put up that 'no kilo tt' thread, but this is is just ridiculous.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010 edited

Lickedwicked believed that the stuff he was saying made sense. Ridiculous, yes. Sincere, yes.

This guy is just an ass. His threads are so lame that I have to assume he is f'ing with everyone. Its standard troll stuff. He does it for the response.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010

Okay, I get the patch.. sorta. Dandelions were propagated during WWII as they tried to make rubber from latex instead of petroleum, so I thought he was going the route of using the white latex from the dandelion for glue, but it went down hill from there.
    My question is if you have a tire pump, then why wouldn't you have tire tools? You don't have to take the wheel off to patch, so you wouldn't really "need" a wrench, but patches?
    • CommentAuthorcloud
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010

Vama, I want to see a picture of that patch!

...and dinosaurs of course, right?
    • CommentAuthorVama
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010 edited

This patch is awesome!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.