velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited

and so it begins. i got my 2005 khs flite frame a couple of months ago and now i'm working enough to start putting my thoughts into action. this is a list of parts that i want(subject to change with notice) and already have. input would be GREATLY appreciated since this is my first build and i've only owned one other fixed gear bike(i've ridden 3). i'll post pics of what i have when i get a better camera than my phone. maybe i'll just take them with my webcam. who knows. this may take a while but i think i'm gonna get the crankset today or tomorrow, then fork, then headset, then seat/seatpost etc. thanks for the help in advance guys and i can't wait for this to be finished!

bars: im gonna chop some road bars to save $$
    fork: kilo tt(from bikeisland just ordered. thanks for the headsup aaron c)$70
    headset: ritchey logic(from bike island. just ordered)$20
    stem: took stem from my other bike. I'll post pics when I get home.
    wheels: got em but not sure of brand. check my other bike and let me know if you know the brand
    crankset: sram omnium $152
    brake: any suggestions?? i wanna run a brake
    pedals: i have some but not sure of the brand(looking to go clipless with shoes when i can afford it)
    seat/seatpost: kalloy
    THe wheelset looks kind of like the wheelset that comes with the raleigh rush hours of a few years back.
    • CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010

/Users/stacks/Desktop/IMG00020-20100424-1212.jpg
    You cannot post images from your desktop, youll need to upload them on photobucket or tinypic then paste the code.
    • CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010

Thanks dude..I was quite confused and I want to show my progress. I just put the bottom bracket in..I've never seen an external bearing BB before up close. Kinda cool.
    • CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010 edited

• CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010

• CommentAuthorAaron C
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010

so far so good.
    • CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010

thanks..i think i'm gonna start out with an origin 8 stem or a nitto dynamic. still haven't decided. i'll post more pics when the fork and headset get here. i'm not going all out on pricey parts since it's my first build but i still want it to be a quality ride. so far i've spent around $200..maybe i should just put up the prices next to the items...
    Go for the Nitto, I've seen the Origin 8 it sucks
    • CommentAuthorjesmerl
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010 edited

Rochester represent

best way to meet people to ride with in Rochester is to go to Critical mass.

Also there are weeknight rides that leave from Dog town on monroe ave. Not sure when those meet any more, Im living in boston now for the time being but hope to make it back in july for a couple weeks
    • CommentAuthorstacks

First off, Rochester represent! I didn't know there was critical mass in Rochester..I'll keep an eye out for the rides from dogtown when my build is finished..when you get back in town hit me up..I'd definitely be down for a group ride
    • CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010 edited

double post
    • CommentAuthorjesmerl

CM meets last friday of the month @6 @ the liberty pole down town. There are quite a few fixed/track riders in the city.

nice choice of the omniums too, I have a set on my new bike, i love them. (come to think of it i should upload some pics)

used parts are the way to go when trying to build cheaper. there are plenty of great deals on ebay and in the velospace marketplace, if your not too picky with what you want.

look forward to seeing the progression on this and then seeing it in person
    • CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2010

just in today..went to my lbs for install and picking it up tomorrow. so close to being finished i can feel the wind in my tightly wrapped curls..haha
    • CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010

right after bike shop
    • CommentAuthorstacks

with wheels and crankset
    • CommentAuthorstacks

with old stem and road bars. seatpost is from my brother's miyata. it didn't fit. oh well..
    • CommentAuthorstacks
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010 edited

without seatpost and driveside

• CommentAuthorstacks

pic quality is trash. its from my blackberry. i'm looking into powdercoating fork black or blue. also looking into buying parkman's jaguar stem if he still has it come this weekend. saw a set of rb-021's on CL for $35 so maybe i'll get those too. chain and seatpost are definite this weekend so i can ride. wish me luck..haha

\

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.

velospace | About | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | contact | blog | status | site map | ©ActionHub.com
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.