velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorman_eater
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009

So yeah today my centurion iron man was stolen! It's tiny (48) and salmon pink with white, nothing special just special to me! so if anyone in the stockton area sees a midget on a beautiful frame go ahead and club em for me thanks!

so heres a picture of what it looks like, well the frame that is.
    • CommentAuthorJimtorious
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009

Death to ALL bike theives!
    You should not leave your bike sitting unlocked out in the woods at night like that! No wonder it got stolen!
    • CommentAuthorman_eater
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009

ha! no this indeed isn't my bike but my bikes fanny-pack toting twin. i just found this as an example of my lovely frame for reference sake.
    Good hunting!
    This is a long shot, but....

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/bik/1642392339.html

Does this look familiar?

I mean obviously, I don't want to start a riot here. We should watch out for a false positive, but this is just such a sketchy ad, and the guy selling does not know anything about bikes. As in, he doesn't know what a 700c wheel is. When I googled "stolen centurion Iron man pink white", this is the thread that came up.
    I have a friend in Stockton (from a motorcycle forum) that rides an older Centurion. I've asked him to keep an eye out for it.
    Jesus guys, this theft was over a year ago, and last I checked Stockton and Boston aren't exactly close to one another. There is no way to recover that bike without having photos of the serial number and your SSN scratched into the seat tube.
    Oh hahahah... damn. I didn't even see the date on the OP.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010 edited

IT PROBLY AINT THE SME BIKE BUT ALL CAPS BAD SPELING RUNON SENTENCE SCREAM TWEEKER TRYING TO SEL A BIKE TO BUY MORE METH I THINK ANYWAYS IT AINT WORTH 3 HUNDRED MORE LIKE 150 EVEN THEIVES ARE OVERPRICING THERE BIKES THEY USE TO JUST SELL THEM FOR 50 BUCKS.
    I've seen a couple of those Dave Scott bikes sell for $300+. Not that they're really worth that, but '80s paint schemes, lugs, Tange #1, and horizontal dropouts are "fixie" magnets.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010 edited

BUY MY AEROTRACK FRAME AND FORK ONLY 600 BUCKS HEY THATS FAIR THEY GO FOR THAT ON EPAY ILL THROW IN THE CAMPYNOLA HEADSET AND SEALED CRANK BERRINGS.
    • CommentAuthorcyciumx
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010

Its kinda funny and odd that someone loves something so much... but don't have any pictures of the mofo.

My child was kidnapped! I loved that damn kid, but here's a pic of a similar cousin... someone loved them enough to actually take a picture for reference! Please help me find the light of my life so I can ignore some more!
    Posted By: suicide_doorsJesus guys, this theft was over a year ago, and last I checked Stockton and Boston aren't exactly close to one another. There is no way to recover that bike without having photos of the serial number and your SSN scratched into the seat tube.

You're right on all accounts Doors.Boston and Stockton are far apart, but I've been noticing that stolen bikes typically show up in a different city than the one they were stolen in. Only the amateurs sell in the same place they steal from. The marks of the semi-organized bike thievery are the big shipments all at the same time, with ALL CAPS ADS, and shit knowledge about bikes. So far, this guy fits the bill.

I actually saw this guy on CL over the summer, and he was selling the same bike (for the inflated price). So, it would fit the timeline of being stolen in january, transporting to Boston, selling in the summer. Didn't sell, so try again in the spring.

I'll steal the goddamn bike back myself if I have to, I just want to make sure the bike was stolen. Ideally, I'd like to get in contact with Man_Eater and work with the police, but I'd be happy with just confirming with her that this is her bike.

Anyone know this Man Eater?
    edited to keep shit on task.
    Nah, s/he hasn't been around here for a year.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.