velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorBen Holley
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010 edited

Before

And, wait for it....

After.

This guy put risers and BMX flats on a Colnago road bike. If Ernesto Colnago were dead, (which I'm sure he would be if he saw the end result of this bike), he'd be rolling in his grave.
    The tarck side is winning.

I hate this.

Ruining a beautiful road bike like this to make it a single speed/fixed gear is one of the worst things you can do.
    Looking at the picture again it appears he converted the rear wheel. God dammit.
    • CommentAuthorgreg
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010

awesome builds, I'd much rather see a frame be ridden than sit in a closet
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Posted By: gregawesome builds, I'd much rather see a frame be ridden than sit in a closet

FTW. End/
    Posted By: gregI'd much rather see a frame be ridden than sit in a closet

True, but BMX pedals? Really? REALLY?

The guy said on his page that he converted it to sell faster. I find that kind of sad that people would rather buy a conversion with BMX pedals and risers than a legit Colnago road build. Thus, the tarck side is winning.

• CommentAuthorquidose

We all already know this. Get over it.
    you obviously haven't been here long enough
    Posted By: quidoseWe all already know this. Get over it.

Yeah. At this point that's about par for the course. At least he didn't rattle can it. That's the kind of ignorance where I draw the line.
    • CommentAuthorbdawe

What a waste. Conversions are lame. Risers suck too. Now I'm going to have nightmares.
    • CommentAuthormeatroll

looks as if he kept the quick release on the rear wheel too
    Well, it's a single speed, isn't it?
    • CommentAuthorNash

well at least in its reincarnation it is set up better. Doesnt have the saddle rails pushed as far back as they can go a retarded long stem and brake hoods that are cant be comfortable.
    • CommentAuthormeatroll

Posted By: suicide_doorsWell, it's a single speed, isn't it?

can't tell (small screen). even if it is that just points out his lack of a rear brake. lose/lose
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

I'm not going to have a heart attack because he/she didnt do anything that can't be reversed.

Posted By: Ben Holley
    Posted By: gregI'd much rather see a frame be ridden than sit in a closet

True, but BMX pedals? Really? REALLY?

The guy said on his page that he converted it to sell faster. I find that kind of sad that people would rather buy a conversion with BMX pedals and risers than a legit Colnago road build. Thus, the tarck side is winning.

You also have to figure in that he/she is probably selling it for way less than he would be with the geared set up.
    • CommentAuthorRuffinit

Posted By: Nashwell at least in its reincarnation it is set up better. Doesnt have the saddle rails pushed as far back as they can go a retarded long stem and brake hoods that are cant be comfortable.

First, the saddle is back only about 10mm farther than optimum and secondly you can't know who the setup is for so you can't really say that the stem is too long. He may have a long torso and like to be stretched out. The brake hoods are actually pretty close also and are usually comfortable.

As far as the conversion goes; I really love the first pic.. Hard to find them in this kind of condition. At least he didn't screw up the frame. Components are pretty personal and at some time in the future hopefully it'll be used as intended and built back up as a full road racer.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

I'll take risers and BMX platforms over brifters, any day.
    Posted By: das_pyrateyou obviously haven't been here long enough

I've been here long enough to have my heart broken :(
    I dunno. I see no harm done. If I went through life worry about if everyone did with their stuff, my life would wind up a whole lot shorter. In the end, I'd rather see this on the road than in a garage.
    omg you could barspin that thing so easily... makes me want to rip the brake off and spin away

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.