velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=13398142#ProductDetail

About time WalMart jumped on the bandwagon and started making fixed gear bikes to sell.

Anyone wanna get one? *cough---LickedWicked---cough*
    Posted By: terrible_one49*cough---LickedWicked---cough*
    The new 700C Mongoose Cachet Bike offers the ultimate experience in simplicity and style. Single-speed gearing makes for easy and intuitive riding. Caliper brakes and high-profile colored rims add urban style.
    700C Men's Mongoose Cachet Fixed-Speed Bike:
    Aluminum frame with rigid fork
    Lightweight and responsive ride
    Single speed
    Front and rear caliper brakes ensure precise stops
    High-profile colored rims add urban style
    Assembly required

lol
    "Caliper brakes add urban style."

Hmmm....damn.
    This bike is going to make a beast polo bike and winter grocery bike.
    This "urban style" bike looks like it will break in half if you play bike polo or overload it with groceries.
    • CommentAuthorSL wheeler
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010

I wonder if it can do barspinzzz
    Allthough the price is somewhere near incredible.
    • CommentAuthorgreg

Maybe I should look into getting a few pallets of these for giveaways - some companies sell hoodies for more than the cost of this complete bike
    I knew it would happen one day, the day i fall out of my chair is when target starts making bmx bikes with 25 - 9 gearing (small front sprokcet)
    gonna go to walmart and test ride it for sure...
    i want to know why your at walmart looking at fixie , i am a chick and i know better then to do that LOL
    Posted By: onegurlonebikei want to know why your at walmart looking at fixie , i am a chick and i know better then to do that LOL
    Why are you belittling yourself for being a woman? You can be just as well educated about bikes, or anything for that matter, than any male on here, if not more well informed if you choose to be.

But someone would go to walmart for a fixed gear if he or she is on a tight budget and wants something other than a dumpstered road bike that has been butchered.
    • CommentAuthorBenBenjie

Posted By: onegurlonebikei want to know why your at walmart looking at fixie , i am a chick and i know better then to do that LOL

Definitely a dude...
    • CommentAuthorScrodzilla

WalMart sells a bunch of poorly-made bullshit. Big deal, they're selling a single-speed (not fixed gear) bike. You don't have to buy it.
    Posted By: ScrodzillaWalMart sells a bunch of poorly-made bullshit. Big deal, they're selling a single-speed (not fixed gear) bike. You don't have to buy it.

This is a cycling website largely focused on fixed gear bikes and the critiquing of said bikes and related products. If you don't like, go elsewhere. I don't think that there have been any unnecessarily harsh remarks regarding this bike. Plus, I'm pretty sure the term fixed speed is synonymous with fixed gear.
    • CommentAuthorScrodzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010 edited

Sorry. I forgot that vegan straightedge kids are uber serious all the time.

FYI - they're only available online and it's a single speed, not fixed.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Its the best new fixed/singlespeed bike in its price range. I think we can all agree on that.
    Posted By: ScrodzillaSorry. I forgot that vegan straightedge kids are uber serious all the time.

How was my comment anymore serious than yours? When taken down to their essentials, they mean the same thing.
    Description of the practices of a corporation/online community. If you don't like those practices, go elsewhere.

Determining whether or not they are fixed is difficult to determine due to ambiguity in the description and title of the product. Fixed speed is a term that is sometimes used synonymously with fixed gear, no? How does the method of purchase come into this?

Posted By: wes m.Its the best new fixed/singlespeed bike in its price range. I think we can all agree on that.
    That would be correct.
    Posted By: proudxvxyouth

It could easily be fixed free. My friend purchased a cheap SE Draft which was sold as a single speed with two brakes, but it still came with a cheap fixed cog on one side. This bike could be the same.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.