velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorLegislator
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010 edited

If it seriously has 48 spoke wheels like in the picture then this thing would be great for polo/groceries. I remember thinking to myself 3 or 4 years back about how I might ride a fixie if I could get some beefy 48s for cheap, but the only options were custom, and now there is a $150 bike that supposedly has what I priced one hub out at then. Cheap hi-ten steel crap is great because its actually straighten-able, and yeah frames bend easier but you just bend them back. Seriously, $150?????????!!!?!?!?!?? Bikesdirect.crap is probably crapping a brick over this, walmart aiming squarely at their slice of the pie.

The fact that they list in the specifications section with "Front and rear calipur brakes" and that the number of "speeds = SIngle" would make me question whether fixed-speed means fixed wheel or fixed gear (the preferred nomenclature nowadays). Just saying.
    • CommentAuthorkneeeerow
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010

shipping weight 40 lbs?
    YOUDUNEVENOOOODUUUUUUDE
    • CommentAuthorcjpark86
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010

hahahahha this was funny!
    • CommentAuthorScrodzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010 edited

Posted By: proudxvxyouthHow does the method of purchase come into this?

Someone in this very thread mentioned going to WalMart to look at one. I was simply stating they're only available online for those who were wanting to go view one up close. On the contrary of what you criticized me for not doing, I was discussing a bicycle in a thread regarding that particular bicycle on a forum about bicycles. Also, I happen to know they're single speed because I know someone who (unfortunately) works for the company that distributes Mongoose bikes in the US. I was just trying to shed some light on what seems to be a pretty big question in regard to this bike. Mongoose does, in fact, already make a fixed-gear bike called the Maurice that is available in some bike shops (not WalMart). Apologies, I didn't mean to know something and throw you off-balance.

Carry on, dickhead.
    hi, i am female and i was jokeing about looking for single speed at walmart. i admite i made a mistake in picking my one bike, my first bike was origin8 uno,so i got the cutler for a back up bike. well it nice and cheap only $225 but heavey (steel) but once you get going it roll like a mother lol
    • CommentAuthordmdeford

Posted By: Scrodzilla
    Carry on, dickhead.

You're the one who started making unwarranted attacks on vegan straight-edge kids...

It was a joke. Jeez. It's not like I showed up at his house driving a dumptruck full of bacon and armed with a beer cannon.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark

Posted By: dmdefordYou're the one who started making unwarranted attacks on vegan straight-edge kids...

I don't know that attacks on Vegan Straightedge kids are unwarranted considering that on the east coast the FSU crew terrorized Boston and other cities hardcore scenes, beating kids up for drinking and smoking weed.

It's also the proselytizing that a lot of sXe kids do that get on people's nerves, and passing judgment on those who don't agree with your beliefs.
    • CommentAuthorIdahoKid

Specialized Langster New York just got a face lift.
    MEC of Canada (Mountain Equipment CO-OP) is not selling bikes. And single-speeds. The SS is $750 - wtf?
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: CanadaSteepMEC of Canada (Mountain Equipment CO-OP) is not selling bikes. And single-speeds. The SS is $750 - wtf?

what?
    • CommentAuthorkneeeerow

MEC of Canada! they dont sell bikes! and single speeds the ss is 750 wtf!

come on learn how to read!

What does that! have to do with anything! being talked about here?

If they're "not selling bikes", how can the single speed be $750 wtf?
    A.) "Fixed speed" is presumably a somewhat clever marketing ploy to appeal to thousands of kids that are drawn to track bikes but have very little money and precious few prospects of obtaining the real deal. I suspect that Walmart execs took liability into careful consideration and thus chose not to equip this thing with a cog and lock ring. Chances are that it's a road hub with a thread-on freewheel.

B.) One of the aforementioned thousands of kids might pick one of these bikes up and embark well upon his way of becoming the next Graeme Obree. Far stranger things have happened.

C.) I applaud Walmart's offering into the market for reasons A and B. It takes absolutely nothing away from my own cycling enjoyment.
    • CommentAuthorride slow

Posted By: SkidMark
    Posted By: dmdefordYou're the one who started making unwarranted attacks on vegan straight-edge kids...

I don't know that attacks on Vegan Straightedge kids are unwarranted considering that on the east coast the FSU crew terrorized Boston and other cities hardcore scenes, beating kids up for drinking and smoking weed.

FSU covers probably 3% of the straight edge community.
    Blaming straight edge people for FSU is like blaming
    all white people for the KKK.

Straight edge:FSU::caucasian:KKK
    (not all people who are-are a member of-)
    so how long does it take before one shows up on this site with an aerospoke or front HED3?
    look i live in nyc and i spend alot time on my bike. i feel if you ride a fixie/single bike then you should ride sometime that got a name behind it or make one . i understand with people short of money and hrs being cut you get what you can ,but then you get someone on one of these walmart bikes and they start ripping around town thinking there a bike messenger and they get hurt because the bike not as good as they think. when i saw my 1st fix/single speed i thought bmx but then i learned and i am still learning . look walmart as good things i shop there ,but i think that fix single speed kinda misleading. that my feeling .
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: octopus magicso how long does it take before one shows up on this site with an aerospoke or front HED3?

The time it takes for those two things to ship to someone's doorstep.
    • CommentAuthors3l1n4

this makes me wanna cry
    • CommentAuthorbmaxwell

This is too funny. FUCK IT! It's not even a track cog! It's a damn freewheel.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.