velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

hey velospace i was asking you guys for your opinion on some good framesets. i do some minor tricking like small wheelies and endoes and such. i have a price range of about 300. i just recently bought a 53cm black pake but am not too happy with it and i need hlp from you guys so i dont fuck up on buying a frame again.
    • CommentAuthorMaxThrash
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010

If you can save another $200 a Milwaukee Bruiser would probably be good for you.
    • CommentAuthordas_pyrate
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010

kilo tt
    Posted By: das_pyratekilo tt

/thread
    A kilo TT is not that far away, if any at all, from a Pake. They are both low-level entry track frames.
    Why are you unhappy with your Pake? What is wrong with it? Maybe you just need to upgrade parts and such, because another frame (around the same price point) is not going to be that different, only look maybe a different color.
    Posted By: MaxThrashIf you can save another $200 a Milwaukee Bruiser would probably be good for you.

or find a volume cutter.
    • CommentAuthorSL wheeler
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010

Posted By: proudxvxyouth
    Posted By: MaxThrashIf you can save another $200 a Milwaukee Bruiser would probably be good for you.

or find a volume cutter.

Yeah volume cutters are going for about $350ish.
    • CommentAuthorgiosSR215
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010

ebay has volume cutter v3 with fumanchu fork for 399.99 free shipping too.
    Posted By: terrible_one49Why are you unhappy with your Pake? What is wrong with it? Maybe you just need to upgrade parts and such, because another frame (around the same price point) is not going to be that different, only look maybe a different color.

yea thats why. i figured it out. thanks for all the help though guys
    Yeah, a Pake is really not all that bad of a frameset. I went from riding a Pake, to a EAI Bareknuckle....and to be totally honest, it was not that much of a change in ride or weight.

Slowly upgrade some stuff on your bike and you will be more happy with it once it's totally custom what you want.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010

Pake = break. I wouldn't trick on one.
    I've never seen nor heard of a Pake frame breaking. I'm not saying it should be tricked on, however.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010

I have seen one break right behind the bottom bracket across both chainstays. It was being used by a bike messenger and not for tricks, so I can't imagine it would hold up any better.
    • CommentAuthorcyciumx

I was thinking of this bike:

http://www.rscycle.com/Tommaso-Augusta-Ninja-Track-Bike_4?sc=7&category=15785

...for myself, but may apply to you....
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Posted By: cyciumxI was thinking of this bike:

http://www.rscycle.com/Tommaso-Augusta-Ninja-Track-Bike_4?sc=7&category=15785

...for myself, but may apply to you....

You should check some forums to see if they have fixed their quality control yet. They were having a lot of problems with their rear triangles and paint a while back.
    Get a handmade full NJS certified Vivalo. I've got an all gold one coming up that will be within your range, shipping included. Write me a message.
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010

$300 shipped for an njs frame in this day and age? Sounds too good to be true. Something's wrong with it, I presume.
    • CommentAuthorcyciumx

Did not know about quality control issues, but I did some more research and there are forums of complaints on the issue.... must be why they are 60-70% off. Though that would signify they didn't RTV the merch back from the factory.

....only thing more suspicious is a 300 dollar NJS frame.
    • CommentAuthorcyciumx

100 smackaroos :

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.