velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorzmill12
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2010

i don't know if there's been a topic about it already, but who has one and who likes it? who doesn't like it? i want a frame that i can commute on and also start doing some tricking. if you don't like the frame, what other frame would you suggest for this kind of riding? thanks!
    For tricks...it's a good choice. Either that, or a FBM Sword, which I prefer abit more.
    • CommentAuthorzmill12

cool i'll look into both then.
    Yeah, for budget tricks the Cutter is hard to beat (and their decals are far more minimal and visually interesting than most cheap bikes). The FBM is a lot more expensive, but you can get them in three head tube configurations (1" threadless and 1 1/8" threadless or integrated), and they're made in the USA. Keep in mind that forks aren't included with either.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

The indefinite article "an" is not part of TO's vocabulary. (Sorry, I had to say it - I thought one day things would change.)
    Yeah, the Volume Fu Manchu fork is a really durable fork too.

I hate to even mention the name Leader, but I had a friend that is part of a group of riders called Death Pedal in San Diego that got to try out their new trick frame for a promotion to show how durable it was for a month. I saw him jump off stairs and ledges with it, do all kinds of tricks, and even a bottom bracket grind with it. I dunno if anyone has any first hand experience with it, but it seemed pretty solid. The gusset was ugly as sin, though.

http://www.leaderbikestore.com/pd-v1.cfm

Affinity has a nice looking trick frame too called the cyclone that includes the fork. The frame has a gusset, and a curvy seat tube if you're into that sort of thing.

http://www.affinitycyclesstore.com/index.php?action=frame&view=frame5&ar=cyclone
    • CommentAuthorthe rabbi

Posted By: quidoseThe indefinite article "an" is not part of TO's vocabulary. (Sorry, I had to say it - I thought one day things would change.)
    where would he even use it? there is no grammatically correct place for it.
    Ive ridden a Volume Cutter and ATTEMPTED tricks, its a fun (expept the bike was too big for me and I smashed my goods on the tt) bike and can take some beating my friend destroys his bikes and his Cutter is holding up great
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2010 edited

Posted By: the rabbi
    Posted By: quidoseThe indefinite article "an" is not part of TO's vocabulary. (Sorry, I had to say it - I thought one day things would change.)
    where would he even use it? there is no grammatically correct place for it.

Actually, the grammatically correct place for it would be in front of "FBM" --- "an FBM".
    • CommentAuthorquidose

I also said it because he consistently uses "a" in place of "an". Everytime.
    • CommentAuthorcage

Posted By: quidoseI also said it because he consistently uses "a" in place of "an". Everytime.

a + singular noun beginning with a consonant: a boy; a car; a bike; a zoo; a dog
    an + singular noun beginning with a vowel: an elephant; an egg; an apple; an idiot; an orphan
    a + singular noun beginning with a consonant sound: a user (sounds like 'yoo-zer,' i.e. begins with a consonant 'y' sound, so 'a' is used); a university; a unicycle
    In some cases where "h" is pronounced, such as "historical," use an
    • CommentAuthorzmill12

sounds good guys, thanks.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

This has gone too far. It was a joke.

But the point in this case is: an + singular noun beginning with a vowel OR A VOWEL SOUND (such as in FBM, i.e. eff-bee-em).
    • CommentAuthorzmill12

things always go too far on the forums hahaha
    • CommentAuthordicklips

Theres lots of options. This is a better place to look though
    http://www.tricktrack.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Yawn.
    • CommentAuthorquidose

Posted By: terrible_one49

Yawn.

Haha. Thank you!

Don't change a thing. I mean it.
    the geo for the cutters and all those trick bikes feel so whack. i ride a fbm with a steamroller fork. best "track" bike for commuting.
    damn you, benson...

I was well on my way to not wanting to buy a trick bike anymore.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.