velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Posted By: proudxvxyouthdamn you, benson...

I was well on my way to not wanting to buy a trick bike anymore.

I really like the purple one ;]

It's a little bit loud for my taste. But it is still pretty rad. I'd go for the black one.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2010

So "an Fat Bald Men" is grammatically correct?
    Posted By: SkidMarkSo "an Fat Bald Men" is grammatically correct?

No. Actually, "An Fire Beer Mayhem"
    • CommentAuthorquidose
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010

Haha, SkidMark.
    Posted By: terrible_one49
    Posted By: SkidMarkSo "an Fat Bald Men" is grammatically correct?

No. Actually, "An Fire Beer Mayhem"

Well phonetically, the f in fire and fat is different than the f in the acronym, fbm. The latter having the ef sound which would sound more correct with an. The former, which lacks the vowel sound, sounds correct when the n is omitted.

compromise?
    Posted By: terrible_one49For tricks...it's a good choice. Either that, or a FBM Sword, which I prefer abit more.

The FBM sword is actually not made for tricks. i've heard it fails. All Volume's parts and frames are backed by a lifetime warranty
    Posted By: redbeardfixedgear
    Posted By: terrible_one49For tricks...it's a good choice. Either that, or a FBM Sword, which I prefer abit more.

The FBM sword is actually not made for tricks. i've heard it fails. All Volume's parts and frames are backed by a lifetime warranty

Hmm...I've not heard of any fail cases on the FBM sword frame, besides for jackass people being stupid and fucking them up. I guess they are not really MADE for trick, but I'm gonna have to say, I don't feel like track bikes are made for tricks anyway.

Anyway...I actually broke two Volume frames back when I used to ride BMX. A Volume Hellion and a Volume Dinosaur. When the Hellion's headtube snapped off, I had to go back and forth for several months with Brian Castellio, the owner, to warranty the brand new frame. The dealer would not do anything for me. After 2 months of fighting with them, they offered to sell me the Dinosaur for 1/2 price to replace the broken frame.

After riding the Dinosaur for a couple months, it developed two cracks around the bottom bracket and chainstay. I tried to get this warranted, but they just laughed and said no, since I got it for a 1/2 off replacement. I sold the frame to some kid who did not care about the cracks because he was so light (although I was only about 120 or so at the time)

So, after that whole situation, I told myself to never touch a Volume again, because I disliked there products so much, but more so how I was treated and how a frame with "lifetime warranty" was handled.

But...here I am, suggestion someone buy a Volume. HAHA. I guess I don't hold grudges.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.