velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010

So where does everybody keep their bikes?

Here's the room where my dad and I keep ours.
    You want a photo of my garage? Go look at Wes' Sanner, and then imagine more bikes hanging just like that, with a car right under them.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010

Yeah my bike storage is what you see in that picture plus about 6 more bikes on the ground, parts scattered around, and as you can see my garage also features some sweet stickers my dad bought at gun shows.
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010

There's no room in my garage, there are two cars in there and my dads workbench.
    i understand 2 or 4 but damn. lol. im looking for my third.

one road
    one older steel track frame (Bridgestone)
    one aluminum track frame (currently looking for bianchi concept)
    one beater

that's how my garage would look like. My mom always says, "why so many?" You're lucky your dad likes bikes as well. lol

BTW, scale your pictures down. The pic is 9,750px × 2,398px ! I couldnt even open this page on my iphone. I know its scaled down but it still slows everything down. lol.
    Mine are in my room basically leaned wherever they will fit. I currently have five in here.
    Then I have my repair stand along with a pretty solid amount of my room being covered in tools and spare parts, a closet full of bike related junk.
    I currently have to climb over stuff to get into bed. It's pretty bad haha.
    Posted By: proudxvxyouthMine are in my room basically leaned wherever they will fit. I currently have five in here.
    Then I have my repair stand along with a pretty solid amount of my room being covered in tools and spare parts, a closet full of bike related junk.
    I currently have to climb over stuff to get into bed. It's pretty bad haha.

Yeah this sounds about right.

/collegelife
    Poor Bridgestone is forced into the closet.
    So glad I don't have a roommate right now. I think I could fit one more...
    dude i respect that dorm room. people think im crazy keeping one bike inside!
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010 edited

Posted By: eddie_el_nenei understand 2 or 4 but damn. lol. im looking for my third.

Only 2 of those are mine, 4 are are my dads and the diamondback all the way to the right(which never gets ridden) is my moms. oh, and one is the soma i just built for my friend.

Posted By: eddie_el_neneBTW, scale your pictures down. The pic is 9,750px × 2,398px ! I couldnt even open this page on my iphone. I know its scaled down but it still slows everything down. lol.

I could have sworn i scaled it down, sorry about that.
    • CommentAuthorcyciumx

I have 2 complete bikes (not including an A-bike) and a bike frame thats about to get the royal treatment @ Ubes Ice Cream Shop

As you can tell from a previous thread... I don't keep extra stuff around for long.

My dad which I rarely talk to used to be semi pro and has some very good stuff including a custom lemond that was 1200 for the paint job alone. He can't ride anymore after a heart attack and he still won't sell me the bikes - even though I'm the only one left in the family still cycling!
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: cyciumxI have 2 complete bikes (not including an A-bike) and a bike frame thats about to get the royal treatment @ Ubes Ice Cream Shop

As you can tell from a previous thread... I don't keep extra stuff around for long.

My dad which I rarely talk to used to be semi pro and has some very good stuff including a custom lemond that was 1200 for the paint job alone. He can't ride anymore after a heart attack and he still won't sell me the bikes - even though I'm the only one left in the family still cycling!

Are you on not speaking terms, or do you just not talk?
    • CommentAuthorcyciumx

A bit of both (my choice).

Won't get into the long version sob story, but 5 years ago I was living with him and his girlfriend (after he had the heart attack) she started accusing me of being lazy (I had two jobs and was working 13 hours a day (still do)) 2 weeks before christmas she drafted an eviction notice and he signed it. My birthday which is Jan 11th... was the first one I spent sleeping in my car, homeless...seems them old timers don't quite realize the standard of living in the bay area is a tad more than the 200 dollar room rent I was paying and 30 days notice is not ample time to secure a deposit.

two side notes: One; one month after I left her daughter moved in (ima take a leap of faith and assume she planned that from the beginning)
    two; This is of course after I had forgiven my dad for cheating on my mom and ruining our family... while simultaneously forcing the family home to be sold so he could get his half which he used to buy the place he was in with his girlfriend.

Yeah, he sucks and I don't think about it much, but thems the facts. I really try not to sound too bitter, but reality hits and a story like that shouldn't be told with whimsical humility.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: cyciumxA bit of both (my choice).

Won't get into the long version sob story, but 5 years ago I was living with him and his girlfriend (after he had the heart attack) she started accusing me of being lazy (I had two jobs and was working 13 hours a day (still do)) 2 weeks before christmas she drafted an eviction notice and he signed it. My birthday which is Jan 11th... was the first one I spent sleeping in my car, homeless...seems them old timers don't quite realize the standard of living in the bay area is a tad more than the 200 dollar room rent I was paying and 30 days notice is not ample time to secure a deposit.

two side notes: One; one month after I left her daughter moved in (ima take a leap of faith and assume she planned that from the beginning)
    two; This is of course after I had forgiven my dad for cheating on my mom and ruining our family... while simultaneously forcing the family home to be sold so he could get his half which he used to buy the place he was in with his girlfriend.

Yeah, he sucks and I don't think about it much, but thems the facts. I really try not to sound too bitter, but reality hits and a story like that shouldn't be told with whimsical humility.

That sucks, it sounds like it wasn't his idea, but still pretty bad.
    • CommentAuthorcyciumx
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010

It wasn't his idea, but circumstances aside; he traded his kid for hers. That's the facts. It is what it is.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

How'd you get such a panaramic view Veggie?
    • CommentAuthorgreg

Crappy phone pic, but there are eight bikes in there right now (four hanging, four on the floor). We have another three bikes in the garage as well
    • CommentAuthorgreg

And you can see the sweet Illini4000 / velospace jersey from last summer's ride hanging from the Jake the Snake
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

Haha nice. I've got a Kona Jake ;)
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: parkman14How'd you get such a panaramic view Veggie?

I took about 5 pictures and stitched them together with canon's photostitch program. It took me a while to get it right because I had to play with the photos in photoshop to match their colors and temperatures.

the green rectangles show the seams of a photo.
    • CommentAuthors3l1n4

In the closet off my living room. Very thankful I have that space. My place is so freaking small, they wouldn't fit anywhere else.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.