velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorhenrydec1
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009

rotate to some extent. if you can see trough the rubber replace. if you're broke.
    • CommentAuthorTwoshort
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009

Put the best tire you have on the front; all else is optional.

If you have not yet crashed both ways, try to imagine what happens:
    When the rear slides out, you can probably recover, or you might land on your ass.
    When the front slides out, you won't recover; instead, you'll land on your face.
    • CommentAuthorJohn Tom
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009

Get a real nice front and then every week or two take off the back wheel and put the cog in a different spot than it was in the chain. Like a few teeth rotation. Your front will last as long as you can avoid all the broken glass in the street for. I have a friend with a Rubino Pro that's 1.5 years old. My Gator skin is 8 months. OF course cold weather etc. can crack them and stuff, but for the most part your front lasts as long as you want it to.
    • CommentAuthorGauge
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009

Personally, I have two different tires, to rotate them would be ludicrous. The rear (Ultra GatorSkin) serves it's purpose and gets replaced when need be and same for the front (Vittoria Zaffiro Plus). I'm running 52x16 on one bike and 48x15 on the other. I don't think the Vit would hold up nearly as long on the rear.
    • CommentAuthornexus6
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009

for street use... when the back wears out, i swap the front to the back and buy a new one for the front. easy.
    • CommentAuthorbobfike
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011

Posted By: bionnakiold front goes on the rear.
    old rear goes in the trash.

+1
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011

What a bump.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.