velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

ok so i have a SE draft framest and i am in the decision making of getting a pake frameset or a little nicer one from leader, i was thinking either their v2 725TR 2010 aluminum frameset or their 722TS 2010 HYDROFORMED STEEL CR-MO 4130 DB HT frameset. i do alot of tricks but i dont really do crazy shit like some guys i know. i was wandering if anybody had any suggestions on this
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010

you just opened the flood gates
    what does that mean
    am i going to have a lot of contravery on this post?
    Although I lived San Diego for a while, and I'd like to support a local company, I would strongly recommend NOT getting a Leader (as will almost everyone else on this forum).

If you're going to be doing a lot of tricks (especially barspins), I would probably suggest a Volume Cutter with their Fu Manchu fork. I don't own one of these frames, but I did use one for a week and found it to be a pretty solid frame knowing that my friend got his the day Volume released the v3, tricks on it all of the time really hard, and commutes with it downtown.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Posted By: LuvCumsInSpurtsI would strongly recommend NOT getting a Leader (as will almost everyone else on this forum).

This.
    Posted By: veggie
    Posted By: LuvCumsInSpurtsI would strongly recommend NOT getting a Leader (as will almost everyone else on this forum).

This.

haha oh
    • CommentAuthorveggie

The general consensus around here is to steer clear of Leaders. I will admit that i have a leader mtb, I bought it in my younger stupider days though, I was like 13.
    ahh yea im 15 hah. i think why i like them is because they are affordable
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Thats exactly what I thought, they were cheap and light. I only paid like $80 in '07 for it.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

Posted By: swimfixedrunahh yea im 15 hah. i think why i like them is because they are affordable

I'm 15! right on
    Posted By: LuvCumsInSpurtsAlthough I lived San Diego for a while, and I'd like to support a local company, I would strongly recommend NOT getting a Leader (as will almost everyone else on this forum).

If you're going to be doing a lot of tricks (especially barspins), I would probably suggest a Volume Cutter with their Fu Manchu fork. I don't own one of these frames, but I did use one for a week and found it to be a pretty solid frame knowing that my friend got his the day Volume released the v3, tricks on it all of the time really hard, and commutes with it downtown.

I'd like to try a bruiser or volume cutter at least once. Yeah yeah, I know. Fixed tricks are just handicapped bmx tricks, but it still looks like fun.
    No one is saying it isn't fun. That dude who did ... Shit, what is it called? The weekly video where he practiced doing new things... That was fun to watch, and tricks are fun no matter what you're riding. It's just that a track bike limits the amount of finesse that can go into a trick. It's ugly. Anyway, Ian, I was just wondering why you hadn't announced your next project yet. You should build another bike so that you can sell me the parts you go through for far less than you paid for them.
    Not to mention, the frames have a lifetime warany (I believe?)

I've seen a lot of Volume Cutters on craigslist lately, hovering around $200 without any problems.

The fork is pretty expensive, around $170. It is, however a solid fork that was designed for tricking. It too has a lifetime manufacturer warranty.
    So have I. Cutters are getting dumped like mad.
    why is there like 4 threads with pretty much on the same topic?
    Dude, do you have to ask? The young ones so often think it is necessary to split a question into three or four parts and ask them in individual threads. God knows how their essays read.
    Posted By: suicide_doorsNo one is saying it isn't fun. That dude who did ... Shit, what is it called? The weekly video where he practiced doing new things... That was fun to watch, and tricks are fun no matter what you're riding. It's just that a track bike limits the amount of finesse that can go into a trick. It's ugly. Anyway, Ian, I was just wondering why you hadn't announced your next project yet. You should build another bike so that you can sell me the parts you go through for far less than you paid for them.

Eh, I disagree with the ugly bit. I think keo spins look incredible. Though when people actually start doing bmx on a track bike, you know, quarter pipes and shit, it looks pretty goofy.
    Haha I announced my godzilla a while ago. I'm not planning on selling anything to finance it though. I just don't have anything to sell right now aside from the messenger cranks ha. But anyway, I didn't lose that much money on them. I bought the omniums new for $150 and sold them for $100.
    I don't think I'm actually going to buy a cutter anytime soon. But who knows.
    Yes you will, you know it.
    Haha I want to get a road bike first.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.