velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

should i keep my build that i have now and build up another bike so i have a nicer end bike and one i ride in bad weather and try new tricks with?
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010

its all up to you man.
    Yes.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Should I eat this peanut butter banana sandwich or upgrade to an elvis sandwich for dinner and save the peanut butter banana sandwich for breakfast?
    • CommentAuthorSL wheeler

i like peanut butter banana sandwiches.
    but like veggie said its all up to you.
    ... But wouldn't you just be adding pickles to your already existing sandwich? You'll have to pardon me, I hate bananas and don't like combining peanut butter with anything but chocolate and Thai food. [edit] and so I don't know offhand what makes up the "Elvis" sandwich.

[edit2] My point being, if you're trying to match what he said, I think it would make more sense to, say, upgrade to a Dagwood or something and save the PB+B for breakfast.

[edit3] Why are you taking so long to respond? If you made a decision without letting me tell you what to do first I will be very upset.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010 edited

No, an elvis sandwich is peanut butter, bananas, bacon, and sometimes honey. The truest version is also fried in the leftover bacon grease but Im not manly enough for that.

but yeah, its almost the same, just like the two frames the op will have.
    Really? I am not familiar with that combination. And yeah, you're not a man unless you use the bacon grease for frying other things. Wuss.
    Posted By: wes m.but yeah, its almost the same, just like the two frames the op will have.

You're right. Dammit
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

I save it for frying my green beans.
    I think that's neutral in manly points.. I mean, yeah, you're frying in bacon grease, but you're frying green beans in bacon grease. Well, at least you're not going further into the red with this sandwich.

Wow, those elvis sandwiches sound crazy.
    It only took four posts to thread jack this guy. That seems like some sort of record.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: suicide_doorsI think that's neutral in manly points.. I mean, yeah, you're frying in bacon grease, but you're frying green beans in bacon grease. Well, at least you're not going further into the red with this sandwich.

Fry potato pancakes in bacon grease. Fry French toast in bacon grease. Fry pork or veal schnitzel (flattened, breaded cutlets) in bacon grease, like I'm going to do in three minutes.

Fry chicken in bacon grease FTW!
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010 edited

Woah that'd be like bacon flavored chicken.That's some crazy stuff to wrap the mind around
    I like to add a little bacon grease to my french fry oil (which tends to be peanut). If only I could get some horse fat.
    Also, eaglerock, your European style eating schedule makes my stomach hurt.
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

Does it make it more manly if I refuse to eat green beans unless they fried in bacon grease?

Sadly, my bacon grease supply has been running low because Ive started slathering my bacon in maple syrup and baking it.

Posted By: wes m.Sadly, my bacon grease supply has been running low because Ive started slathering my bacon in maple syrup and baking it

and how's that working for you?
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock

Posted By: SL wheelerwoah

Hey, this forty-something guy just got his cholesterol numbers back, and found out that even with the echte Mitteleuropäische diet (dead animals fried in saturated fat; mmmmm...), he rode enough in the last six months to work his way out of a statin prescription.

The old dudes know what I'm talking about. Party down!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.