velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorxrisgm
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010

I like a variety of things...recently I've been riding with Deltron 3030 by Del Tha Funkee Homosapien. Infected Mushroom is also awesome to ride with! :D
    • CommentAuthorwes m.

I'm too afraid of getting run over to listen to music. Its sad because music and bike rides sounds nice.
    • CommentAuthorFeFst
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010 edited

Matters how I feel, German Techno, hyphy, grindcore, brutal, metal, thug rap.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I can't wear my cans while riding, and since I got them my earbuds don't sound as good.
    • CommentAuthorxrisgm

rap is the best for riding.

sometimes I get weird and throw on Lord of the Rings ost haha.

Posted By: wes m.I'm too afraid of getting run over to listen to music. Its sad because music and bike rides sounds nice.

sometimes i'm iffy, i only bring my ipod weather permitting. but if it's nice out..it's a must!
    The 3030 album seems like an odd one to ride around to. Positive Contact and Madness are tunes I could hear out on the road but the rest of it is like dinner table music.

I was listening to Emperor today on my ride. No idea why but black metal keeps my pedals turnin, so does Bowie though... *shrug*
    • CommentAuthorWilburito

I don't know? What's your favorite color? How 'bout your super-fave Backstreet Boy?
    When I was commuting every day, I would listen to whatever: some Knifehandchop tracks, the first Crystal Method album, any and all by The Distillers, Clipse's Hell Hath No Fury, etc. These days my wife takes the Sansa to the gym and when I do make it out, I can't be arsed to find the damn thing.

However, here are tracks I like right now that I would listen to if I were doing that: http://www.last.fm/user/digaphobia/library/loved?sortBy=plays
    (keep in mind that Last.fm is installed on the family computer in addition to my office computer, so Sesame Street, Carrie Underwood, and many more are not always just me.)

BTW, I loved 3030 back ten some years ago when it came out, but I got tired of Del's voice (for the second time, after I Wish My Brother George Was Here) soon after. Dude just sounds like a carnival to me.
    I only listen to music when I ride on bike paths. But ceremony and the first two set your goals cds keep me going on just about every ride like that that I go on. If it's really late at night when there is no traffic on the streets, say three or four in the morning, something like explosions in the sky is perfect. Your favorite weapon by brand new is also a good bike ride cd.

The distillers rule, mark.
    I too, avoid listening to music when riding in most cases. I like to be attune to all of my surroundings, and have realized when one of my senses is impaired I tend to lose focus on my surroundings and my reaction time gets slower. But I do listen to music when I warm up on the track.

When I do listen to music, it depends on the mood. If I am in the mood to push myself and ride really fast I would generally listen to Graf Orlock, Ed Gein, Comadre, Latterman, the Locust, Fugazi, etc.

When I am in a casual riding mood or riding in the wee hours of the night, I usually listen to The Album Leaf, Le Loup, Explosions In The Sky, Sonic Youth, Radiohead, Air, or Why?.

http://www.last.fm/user/LuvCumsInSpurts

By the way, I broke my floating rib at a Ceremony concert last year in the city. Br00tal.
    Posted By: LuvCumsInSpurts
    By the way, I broke my floating rib at a Ceremony concert last year in the city. Br00tal.

Ouch. Ceremony and have heart were here a while ago. Hands down the best show I have ever been to.
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010 edited

On the very rare occasions I listen while riding (never on the road - I want to live), Astor Piazzolla.

Especially Tanguedia III and Invierno porteño.
    Only jam on paths, the streets are too dicey.

Between The Buried and Me
    Job For a Cowboy
    The Crystal Method
    Whitechapel
    Old Metallica (Ride the Lighting and before)
    Megadeth
    Three 6 Mafia
    Flock of Seagulls (duh)
    Protest the Hero

That's currently what's up.
    THE LOCUST.

This is what I listen to most of the time and alot of metal
    I never listen to music while I ride, but before I ride I usually throw on, Illinois by Sufjan Stevens. It gets in my head during the ride. Either that or Andrew Bird or Maybe Bowie's Hunky Dory.
    Posted By: bensonisajew

Yes
    It's obvious to me that people on the bike path don't know what's going on. They can't hear me when I'm passing them, they can't hear cars at the crossings, they can't hear the birds and the other people.

But I've been likin' me some Fever Ray of late — Sort of like Laurie Anderson, but you can dance to it.

Last night, I was listening to Phaedra by Tangerine Dream (from the Klaus Schultz/Conrad Schnitzler period, not the Soundtrack To Legend period) while writing far future, deep space science fiction. That worked out pretty well, given that I was listening on shuffle.

Before that was Ab Ovo by Bruce Gilbert, sort of a collection of bowel-releasing bass sounds by a bassist who says that he works with sounds rather than music. He also plays bass in Wire, sort of a perennial punk band.

Since I was working on it all day, I'm sure other things were happening with shuffle play, but they didn't stick in my mind.

But I think you guys who stop up your senses when riding bikes are crazypants.
    Posted By: bensonisajew

I fully support this playlist
    My name is Michael Morrissey. Stephen Patrick Morrissey is my cousin.

I am not kidding.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.