velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010

thanks for the suggestions iron jaiden. Tunng's singer reminds me of peter gabriel in his heyday. I like them a lot. they have an interesting cover of block party. Aloha is good too. I have been in Mexico too long. Im not being exposed to good music anymore, hence all the unnecessary aesop rock references. I miss the Black Cat in DC
    • CommentAuthorjockscum

brutal death metal as it makes my cadence higher
    • CommentAuthorVama

the cookie monster vocals really turn me off... I still like early Morbid Angel tho as far as death metal goes.
    I've been really into riding to Pretty Lights lately but on my tuesday early-morning ride, i dig those instramental tunes.
    • CommentAuthorsfbee

mötley crüe - kickstart my heart, on repeat, complete with "whoa, yeah" sing-a-longs, and mouthing out the solo.
    • CommentAuthorIdahoKid

npr duhhh!!!
    Posted By: Mancha150I miss the Black Cat in DC

Haha I'm from D.C.
    Can't tell you how many shows I saw at the Black Cat and how many mediocre meals I ate downstairs at Food For Thought.
    I used to live on the corner of NW 13th and Mass so the Black Cat was literally like right down the street. I miss it too.
    • CommentAuthorroot
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011

lovin some of the music you guys are all throwing out here...gotta say, i'm a lot impressed

so far i'm riding to a lot of Jay-Z, MF Doom, RATM, Murs, RJD2 (deadringer), pretty lights for my daily commute and i gotta have my black keys for any leisure rides
    Villagers, Arcade Fire, Bombay Bicycle Club, Hugh Laurie's new album, Led Zeppelin and the macaframa stuff actually, it seems to suit cycling for some reason, such as Aluminium, Frankie Valli, Murder City Devils, Velvet Underground ...
    Ok..this makes me want to figure out a way to rig a messenger bag or backup with speakers..that could be perfect. I also hate not having all my senses on a fast bike in traffic.
    I need to commit to downloading the MASH soundtrack, that music really does make me wanna do nothing but ride

i usually listen to Animals as Leaders, and a lot of instrumental stuff, dubstep, trance, electro, underground hip-hop, just about anything depending on my attitude, BTBAM is amazing, so are Misery Signals, Verse and Linkin Park's first 3 albums (reanimation, meteora, and Hybrid theory)
    • CommentAuthorpolitburo

just chiming in to say aesop rock sucks
    • CommentAuthoruhler

one word: mattafix.
    • CommentAuthorper.k
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011

I agree politburo. I prefer Del for the intellectual rap.
    • CommentAuthorroot

that aint the only intellectual rapper out there per.k but del is a tight mofo

because of this thread i blasted some at the drive in on my ride into work today...can't believe i hadn't gotten that album on my rides sooner, talk about adrenaline rock.
    • CommentAuthoriliketoes

The Ramones (Chasing the Night) and Bad Brains (I Against I) have been in heavy rotation of late. Fucking jams.
    Posted By: rootbecause of this thread i blasted some at the drive in on my ride into work today...can't believe i hadn't gotten that album on my rides sooner, talk about adrenaline rock.

You're welcome.

In case anyone needs any ATDI media: http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?seller=digaphobia&st=&q=at+the+drive+in

I do big business in interweb.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

I got this on vinyl for my bday

Oh right, you mom likes DJ Shadow.
    • CommentAuthorveggie

Well, I told my girlfriend to get it for me

But yes, she does. She's very jelly

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.