velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

Andrew W.K! I was never into riding with music until I went on a bike tour. My friend and I were cruising on this highway along Lake Erie, in Canada, we were like 35 miles into a 70 something mile day. We were seeing no cars and making no turns, and things were getting dull. We took a break, and decided to throw on the iPods for the first time in the trip. For me, I found my quickest pace was to Andrew W.K. haha. I know it sounds like a ridiculous joke, but it's true. That guy's music is super repetitive so its good for hammering down miles.
    • CommentAuthorSkidMark
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010

The silence of my fixed gear drivetrain.
    • CommentAuthorride slow
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010

Murs, slug, A. Rock, ceremony, blocked out, moria, trash talk, technique, no truce, new found glory, saves the day, wreak havoc, scholastic death, charles bronson, spazz, outbreak, the stakes, punch
    • CommentAuthorIdahoKid

Built to Spill, my morning jacket, Common market, Swollen Members, Weezer, Cap'n Jazz, The Prodigy. Mostly The Prodigy, gotta represent for my country across the pond. But then again I get scared when listening to music, I constantly feel like there is something behind me or someone is yelling or honking.
    • CommentAuthorVama

my current favorites for motivating me to ride fast are Stooges - Raw Power and Spectre's Whompcast: http://soundcloud.com/s-p-e-c-t-r-e/spectre-whompcast-009 (crunkstep? booty bass/dubstep mix - always gets me riled up)
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

you guys brought this back with style...I have tried to stop listening to music while riding for safety purposes (I only do it midday when there is no traffic). Not that it had anything to do with it, but i was listening to aesop rock when i recently crashed on my own 2 weeks ago, still clipped in and dragged a few meters. But anyway, heres whats up:

denifitely aesop rock and atmosphere (shrapnel gets lodged under your clavicle), built to spill, thee silver mount zion memorial orchestra and tra la la band, godspeed you! black emperor, do make say think, radiohead.creep.dickhead., oscar d leon, ruben blades, grupo niche (pa bailar y gozar!), hector lavoe (la voz!), explosions in the sky, mogwai, interpol, the brian jonestown massacre, ted leo and the pharmacists, sigur ros

Come to think of it, both of my major bike accidents in mexico have been while listening to aesop rock...so you want to be a carpenter do you boy?
    They only song of his that I ever really enjoyed was Daylight. I still have that EP somewhere down here...
    • CommentAuthorVama

mostly I listen to east coast hip hop (particularly 90's stuff) and stoner metal while riding, but that's most of what I listen to in general.
    • CommentAuthorride slow

Posted By: Vamamostly I listen to east coast hip hop (particularly 90's stuff) and stoner metal while riding, but that's most of what I listen to in general.

What stoner metal?

Eyehategod and such?
    • CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010 edited

Posted By: ride slowstoner metal?

What is stoner metal?
    • CommentAuthorride slow

Posted By: veggie Whatisstoner metal?

Sludge-yy metal
    • CommentAuthorveggie

ah
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

suicide doors:

examples:

• CommentAuthorride slow

Ahahaha
    • CommentAuthorVama

Sleep, Witchcraft, Electric Wizard, yeah Eyehategod etc... slow and sludgy metal... think Black Sabbath tuned down and heavier while being even more simplified but not veering into cookie monster vocal territory. also, while going to the store just now I realized that I listen to a shit ton of Funk and Afrobeat while I ride as well.
    • CommentAuthorride slow

Sounds like super deep music to ride too haha^^
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

damnit, it was the wrong tugboat...

I could walk with a limp and make your step feel incomplete
    Eh, I dunno. It takes a lot for me to enjoy some dude rapping anymore. My favorite Aesop Rock comment (made by a dude from Puerto Rico) went something like "Sounds like he needs to cough and hack up some phlegm."

[edit] heh, I just looked for Daylight and realized that I still have four or five Aesop Rock albums on my computer here. I have no idea why.
    I roll around with an Ihome2go sometimes which I feel is alot safer than headphones. Its a $30 external speaker that clamps to the frame with a handlebar remote.
    I keep Fang Island & Lifetime in heavy rotation. Its also pretty funny mashing to Ride of The Valkyries.
    • CommentAuthorIdahoKid
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010 edited

Skankin Pickle!

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.