velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorveggie
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010

Posted By: cyciumx06-Pearl Necklace.mp3

you're dirty
    Posted By: cyciumxthats only a 132GB of music.... I deleted 1.2TB when I bought this one on Black Friday

holy shit... You're joking right?
    • CommentAuthorxrisgm

Posted By: veggiejust post the direct url to the pic

um, i knew that. hmm...i need to work on my memory haha
    Posted By: bensonisajew

This is what I listen to most of the time and alot of metal

.................dude?! THE SMITHS........nah, thats cool, what difference does it make....hahahaha!
    the intro to that song is rad!
    • CommentAuthors3l1n4

"I'm too afraid of getting run over to listen to music. Its sad because music and bike rides sounds nice. "

same here :(
    • CommentAuthorboy on byke
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010 edited

..............................sometimes riding a criuser with with your head phones on and stoned can be fun!
    • CommentAuthorxrisgm

Posted By: boy on byke

agree
    • CommentAuthorxrisgm

• CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010

A note not on aesthetics (you kids and that damn racket you call music!), not on advisability (should we be listening to music, or should we be paying attention to our surroundings?), but on implementation...

I've been at Macworld Expo in San Francisco the last few days, and I discovered an interesting item: A speaker that attaches to a bike helmet, and uses the helmet shell as a resonant chamber. The manufacturer is a company called Tunebug; the speaker comes in a wired version (attach to your iWhatever with a mini audio cable) and a wired+Bluetooth version (connect wirelessly to your iWhatever or cellphone with Bluetooth, or use a cable).

The sound is actually pretty good, and your ears are uncovered/unplugged, so you can hear ambient noise more clearly. Mounts are available to strap to roadish vented helmets and to plug into the holes in skate-style helmets.

There's a show price available from Dr. Bott, their distributor in Oregon. I had the code this afternoon, which I have since misplaced; I'll get it again and update tomorrow. Alternately, I'm a reseller for Dr. Bott, and if people want to order them through me, I'll pass them on at my cost + shipping. Retail for the wired-only version is $70 (the bluetooth version won't be out for a few months); my price starts at about $55, and goes down as the number of units goes up. I expect that the discounted prices on the Bluetooth version will be a similar percentage.

If people are interested in something like this, perhaps we can put a group buy together.
    Posted By: eaglerockA note not on aesthetics (you kids and that damn racket you call music!), not on advisability (should we be listening to music, or should we be paying attention to our surroundings?), but on implementation...

I've been at Macworld Expo in San Francisco the last few days, and I discovered an interesting item: A speaker that attaches to a bike helmet, and uses the helmet shell as a resonant chamber. The manufacturer is a company calledTunebug; the speaker comes in awired version(attach to your iWhatever with a mini audio cable) and awired+Bluetooth version(connect wirelessly to your iWhatever or cellphone with Bluetooth, or use a cable).

The sound is actually pretty good, and your ears are uncovered/unplugged, so you can hear ambient noise more clearly. Mounts are available to strap to roadish vented helmets and to plug into the holes in skate-style helmets.

There's a show price available fromDr. Bott, their distributor in Oregon. I had the code this afternoon, which I have since misplaced; I'll get it again and update tomorrow. Alternately, I'm a reseller for Dr. Bott, and if people want to order them through me, I'll pass them on at my cost + shipping. Retail for the wired-only version is $70 (the bluetooth version won't be out for a few months); my price starts at about $55, and goes down as the number of units goes up. I expect that the discounted prices on the Bluetooth version will be a similar percentage.

If people are interested in something like this, perhaps we can put a group buy together.

.....can u get any BERN helmets?
    • CommentAuthorcyciumx

I'm down for a group buy... I listen to music all the time (as previously mentioned.. my commute is in the wee morning hours of 3am)

And yeah I was joking - turns out its still about 156GB not 132:

• CommentAuthorWanganSC

my phone has is really loud on media player. can be heard clearly face-up from my pocket. when there's somewhere to be I'll play Deadmau5, Arsonist Get All the Girls, iwrestledabearonce, Ghostland Observatory, 7Seconds, Vandals anything that would generally get my body moving. otw home/nighttime slower tempo or sing-a-long stuff like Imogen Heap, Interpol, Yeasayer, Kaskade, other vocal'd electro; more aggressively Through the Eyes of the Dead, Bloc Party, DFA79, Billy Talent, Blood Brothers; if it's weathery/sprinkling Between the Buried and Me, always.
    Posted By: mrSuavetotally down
    me, too
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010 edited

Posted By: boy on byke.....can u get any BERN helmets?

Not any easier or cheaper than you can, because I'd get it the same way you would: Find the cheapest price online/eBay/CL/LBS. I'm not a bike/bike swag reseller; this is just my hobby, and I have no inside track into the bike biz. I"m a computer fixit guy, and I'm a reseller for a few companies; all the stuff I have deal on is basically computer swag. This one item happens to cross over from computers (it's pitched as an iPod/iPhone item, although you could use them with almost any audio player) to bikes.

My own goal is to use the Bluetooth one as a speaker for my cellphone, so I can hear a call without having the panic moment when my phone rings in my Bento box. I just need to figure out a way to rig up a microphone as well.

Okay, anyone who's interested in this item, PM me. I'll collect requests for a few weeks, then I'll be able to come up with an exact price per unit, and we'll figure out how to do the bux collection. I'll call my reseller rep in Portland at the beginning of the week for an ETA on the Bluetooth model and the pricing/availability of the mounting brackets; they're not listed as included in the item packaging, although it's hard to see how you'd use it without a bracket. I'll also needle Dr. Bott's CEO today at the show.
    • CommentAuthoravail86
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010 edited

CEREMONY, DOOMRIDERS, CONVERGE and early MetallicA
    I listen to music with my Sansa Fuze on my commute - but I leave for work at 10:15 PM and come home at 7:00 am. I also leave the volume low enough that I can hear most ambient noise.

Music I listen to... well, I just put the Fuze on shuffle, so it's different every day. Lots of Pink Floyd and some other goodness from the 60's and 70's, and lots of hard rock, metal, punk and alternative from the 80's, 90's and 2000's.
    Posted By: eaglerock
    Posted By: boy on byke.....can u get any BERN helmets?

Not any easier or cheaper than you can, because I'd get it the same way you would: ......

cool, cool . just was wondering thats all
    • CommentAuthoreaglerock
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010 edited

I found the Head Dude for Tunebug at the Dr. Bott booth yesterday, and told him about VS and the active thread. He said that the Bluetooth version of the helmet speaker should be ready in about two months, and that the jack I saw on the demo was not a speaker jack - but a microphone jack - meaning you can attach an external mic and get a handsfree mic/speaker system for a Bluetooth cellphone. He's found a source for mounting such a mic to a helmet, which will be available with the speaker (I'm not sure whether it'll be included, or an upgrade).

The company is in Sunnyvale, in the South Bay; Head Dude is in Discovery Bay, at the eastern edge of the East Bay, about 30 miles east of me on the bayshore. This means he crosses through my area all the time, so we'll connect and work something out.
    best ride ever was with Aphex Twin- "I care because you do" album.
    • CommentAuthordonbasqo
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010

Born Ruffians are way legit on sunny days. Goldfrapps felt mountain album on starry nights, or joy division when im fucked up drunk/stoned sketched outa my mind riding home at 3 in the morning.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.