velospace is about bikes and the people who ride them marketplace photos random forums

• CommentAuthorEDGAR92
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010

whats the better bike?

if you own 1 let me know what you think of it ?

this is going 2 be my 3rd fixed gear

first aluminum track frame '

i like the langster because i had an allez b4 that got stolen :( and it basically has the same geometry.

and the bowery look spretty nice..

any suggestions ???
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

how about neither. the geometry is weird, get a cooler better bike that isnt overpriced.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

bowery bowery bowery!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://velospace.org/node/23978

my time to shine!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOWERY!!!!!!!!!!!!! This just made my evening thank you
    • CommentAuthorEDGAR92

Posted By: parkman14how about neither. the geometry is weird, get a cooler better bike that isnt overpriced.

what do you suggest?
    • CommentAuthorEDGAR92

Posted By: Mancha150bowery bowery bowery!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://velospace.org/node/23978

my time to shine!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOWERY!!!!!!!!!!!!! This just made my evening thank you

hows the ride?

how does it do in the city
    • CommentAuthorEDGAR92

Posted By: parkman14how about neither. the geometry is weird, get a cooler better bike that isnt overpriced.

and i can see you have kilo

been looking at that bike for about 3months now how is it ?
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

I dont think my opinion really counts, since this is the only bike I have had that I have paid much attention to (everything else was crappy, I treating it like shit, and so the bikes then treating me like shit). However, I can tell you some things about the bike. If you are going to buy a complete bike I think it could be good, but if you just want the frame maybe you should look elsewhere. In general, both before and after the upgrades I did, I agree as many have said that it is a "tank." It has taken a mediocre beating in DC and now is taking a absurdly outrageous beating in Mexico City, where pot holes are as wide as dining room tables and as deep as H plus sons (booyah achieved!).

Anyway, I think despite the wimpy geometry, the frame holds up really really well for the price and aluminum, and it doesnt take away from commuting performance. If you are going to get the complete bike, I suggest changing the cranks (unless Giant decided to upgrade from the generic ones), saddle (the stock one has forced me to order a ISM Adamo on ebay just today, after not being able to bear it anymore) and fork. A wise man told me on this website that a carbon fork is a must to reduce the amount of ringing you feel throughout the frame from everyday riding. I had this replaced free early on and it made a huge difference. Otherwise, please refer to the numerous moments where I try and bring up how amazing my bike is compared to other ones (like Leaders), and where no one cares. But hey its there loss.

I will comment that I dont use this bike for anything other than commuting. I dont know how to do wheelies or any of that crap, and skidding is a problem here because the streets are lined with glass. But for a commuter I honestly think you cannot go wrong.
    • CommentAuthorparkman14

The kilo is amazing. If you can grab parts and build it from the frame up it's definately worth it. The steel quality is actually pretty nice, the welds aren't fat and ugly like the langster or bowery, and it definately isn't all rattle-y like aluminum
    • CommentAuthorEDGAR92

Posted By: Mancha150I dont think my opinion really counts, since this is the only bike I have had that I have paid much attention to (everything else was crappy, I treating it like shit, and so the bikes then treating me like shit). However, I can tell you some things about the bike. If you are going to buy a complete bike I think it could be good, but if you just want the frame maybe you should look elsewhere. In general, both before and after the upgrades I did, I agree as many have said that it is a "tank." It has taken a mediocre beating in DC and now is taking a absurdly outrageous beating in Mexico City, where pot holes are as wide as dining room tables and as deep as H plus sons (booyah achieved!).

Anyway, I think despite the wimpy geometry, the frame holds up really really well for the price and aluminum, and it doesnt take away from commuting performance. If you are going to get the complete bike, I suggest changing the cranks (unless Giant decided to upgrade from the generic ones), saddle (the stock one has forced me to order a ISM Adamo on ebay just today, after not being able to bear it anymore) and fork. A wise man told me on this website that a carbon fork is a must to reduce the amount of ringing you feel throughout the frame from everyday riding. I had this replaced free early on and it made a huge difference. Otherwise, please refer to the numerous moments where I try and bring up how amazing my bike is compared to other ones (like Leaders), and where no one cares. But hey its there loss.

I will comment that I dont use this bike for anything other than commuting. I dont know how to do wheelies or any of that crap, and skidding is a problem here because the streets are lined with glass. But for a commuter I honestly think you cannot go wrong.

if i get it ima getting the whole bike..
    do they sell the frame it self ?
    well if it does well in mexico it will do well in L.A.
    and as far as the tricks not a fan of that shit these bikes are built for speed if u want tricks get a BMX .. thatswhati say haha
    • CommentAuthorEDGAR92
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010 edited

Posted By: parkman14The kilo is amazing. If you can grab parts and build it from the frame up it's definately worth it. The steel quality is actually pretty nice, the welds aren't fat and ugly like the langster or bowery, and it definately isn't all rattle-y like aluminum

yeah thats what i had in mind if i got a kilo built it from the ground up ....

cuzz i have a rocky mountain boroughs right now but its a lil to big like an inch on the top tupe
    no clearance lefts up the sack haha :( so i was planing on selling it andgetting a new bike
    • CommentAuthorMancha150

i actually dont think they sell the bowery frame on its own anyway...

Oh and I forgot to mention: if Built to Spill rode a fixed gear bike, it would be a bowery. Keep that in mind. I think Kilo TT would be ridden by that guy from requiem for a dream that has a band now and had that music video where he rode a "fixeé" with an aerospoke or something.
    • CommentAuthorEDGAR92

Posted By: Mancha150i actually dont think they sell the bowery frame on its own anyway...

Oh and I forgot to mention: if Built to Spill rode a fixed gear bike, it would be a bowery. Keep that in mind. I think Kilo TT would be ridden by that guy from requiem for a dream that has a band now and had that music video where he rode a "fixeé" with an aerospoke or something.

so you say go with the BOWERY?
    Posted By: Mancha150I think Kilo TT would be ridden by that guy from requiem for a dream that has a band now and had that music video where he rode a "fixeé" with an aerospoke or something.

That's funny. Jared Leto.
    I liked my Langster better than my Kilo TT. Much lighter and stiffer. The Langster is of higher quality than the Bowery, but I think they ride about the same.
    Posted By: Mancha150I dont think my opinion really counts, since this is the only bike I have had that I have paid much attention to (everything else was crappy, I treating it like shit, and so the bikes then treating me like shit). However, I can tell you some things about the bike. If you are going to buy a complete bike I think it could be good, but if you just want the frame maybe you should look elsewhere. In general, both before and after the upgrades I did, I agree as many have said that it is a "tank." It has taken a mediocre beating in DC and now is taking a absurdly outrageous beating in Mexico City, where pot holes are as wide as dining room tables and as deep as H plus sons (booyah achieved!).

Can you explain more about how fast the bike is, and how fast the composites on the bike are, please?

Personally, I don't care for the geometry on bikes like the Bowery and Langster, because of their backwards sloping top tube. Maybe that is just all irrelevant, but it's so embedded in my head to associate backward sloping top tubes with road bikes and bikes with a relaxed, sluggish geometry.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010

i dont know what you mean about how fast the composites on the bike are, terrible_one. Like I said, I have not ridden any other frames enough to really know
    Sorry man, just making a joke.

There is someone on the board here that has a Bowery and always talks about how fast of a frame it is, and how fast certain parts on his bike are.
    • CommentAuthorMancha150
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010

damnit im slow. and yes, im proud of my maldita chilanga who no one wants to friend. somebody just make my day, her day, please. Im getting an ISM ALMO in a week! She will look even more absurd
    Ah yes, TO_49's Nixon-esque shit list.
    I heard that Rev-Xs are pretty fast.

\

velospace | about, FAQ & policies | contact | blog | status | site map
© 2005-2011 velospace. All Rights Reserved.